Polo GTi Wanted... Anyone selling?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Polo GTi Wanted... Anyone selling?

Post by PhilGTi »

Hey, looking for a black or silver GTi, dont really mind about the spec as long as its got climate control! Anyone's for sale?

Phill.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Did you not get on very well with the Black one then mate you went to look at?
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

I liked it but it had 3 previous owners, making me the 5th... not good to be honest! Wasnt worth my hard earned cash, lookin like i might not get a polo gti now... I quite fancy a Golf GTi 1.8T, 1.9TDi or 2.0L 16v.

Phill.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I see you like that one on Autotrader, Silver with Leather, I saw that one, looks nice. I think if I currently had the money I'd have to go and look at it.
satin gti
Getting There!

Post by satin gti »

you can have mine for six grand!! silver 2001 46 000 miles ImageImage
h & r coilovers
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Pics?
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Thanks for the offer, that polo is lovely! However, id only pay £6k if it had full leather, climate, 12cd changer, sunroof and automatic wipers.

Phill.
morrismen
Silver Member

Could have

Post by morrismen »

You could have had mine... 2 door, but Red had only done 35,000 with me second owner. Just traded it in for a Ford - VW customer service made the decision for me.
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

polosilver wrote:Thanks for the offer, that polo is lovely! However, id only pay £6k if it had full leather, climate, 12cd changer, sunroof and automatic wipers.

Phill.
good luck!
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Ive gone off the idea of a Polo gti now... i drove a Golf Gti and it just seemed more of a "together" and "solid" car.. if you know what i mean. Dont get me wrong, if the right polo gti comes along ill snap it up. But otherwise its gunna be a golf i recon.

All of the polos about at the moment have really high miles or alot of owners, it seems that people buy them, rag them about for a bit then sell them on for a bit of fun!

Phill.
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

dubpolo wrote:
polosilver wrote:Thanks for the offer, that polo is lovely! However, id only pay £6k if it had full leather, climate, 12cd changer, sunroof and automatic wipers.

Phill.
good luck!
I agree. No offence mate, but you're not asking for much are you. I'd stick a lottery ticket on if you manage to track down one exactly like you're looking for. :wink:
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

I was offered a silver one with that spec above for £5,650 but didnt wanna travel the distance. It only had 50k.

Not that hard?

Phill.
Del_GTi
Gold Member

Post by Del_GTi »

Get that lottery ticket on then. I searched for over 3 months for one, and wasn't even being as picky about the spec. Just wanted a minter. Which i now have.

You can't be that serious about it if you're not willing to travel. It's a rare enough car that to find the right one you might have to.

I was lucky and only had to do a 150 mile round-trip for mine. Almost went to Liverpool to look at one which would have been 500 miles round-trip. Still not a lot if you get the car you want. It was sold before i could travel down.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

It wasnt the distance, it was the fact that i can only go on sundays (due to no car now) and it was sold by the time i was going to go see it!

Phill.