Thinking of buying a new Sport.....

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Thinking of buying a new Sport.....

Post by veedub-ally »

Advice and opinion wanted here.....

I've been offered a very high price from the garage I deal with for my Polo so I am thinking of buying a new Sport 130TDI to replace it.

I would definitely want climate on it but what other options are worth having? Would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who has specified other options and how worthwhile they were. I quite like the optional 16" Varano alloys - currently have San Marinos.

I told the garage I would get back to them later this week.

Thanks guys!

Alistair
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Right as with other posts on this subject, you definately need to spec it with Side Airags, I'd also stretch to Curtain airbags, ESP will also be a worthwhile option as 130bhp/229lb torque without any form of traction control is a lot in a small car, I should know my Fabia VRs only has traction control and it gets used quite frequently in the wet.

Also auto wipers/self dimming rearview mirros are a relatively cheap option.

Cheers

Des
vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

If it will be a 3door, it might be nice to have easy-entry seats.
stuart_hatch
Bronze Member

Post by stuart_hatch »

are all those airbags really necasarry?
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Depends how much you like your head hitting a metal/glass/hard plastic surfaces... :lol:

I know airbags cause injury but i would prefer an airbag than a VW badge embedded on my forehead
dougmac
New

Post by dougmac »

I bought a Polo GT earlier this year with ESP and Climatronic.

Personally I think it the ESP was really worth having plus you get the brake assist.
Read somewhere that it has been improved in the new model as well.

The Climatronic option is nice but you get the semi auto climate anyway and it does cost a bit.

It's a shame that you now have to pay for side airbags and 16 inch wheels though.
At least you get the colour pack as standard which I paid extra for though.
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I am going for a 3 door model again but I think it has the easy-entry seats as standard.

The spec that I have so far is metallic paint, climate, 16" Varano alloys, cruise, rain sensor, side airbags.

I thought about the curtain airbags but I will be getting all my side windows laminated anyway so it seems a bit pointless. Apparently, the most recent build has had side airbags fitted by mistake so VW ain't charging people for them. I complained and they offered me the rain sensor option free of charge! But I still have to pay for my side airbags as my car will be a factory order.

I'm still thinking about the winter pack but it will push the price up even further. I think I will be leaving ESP as it is quite costly and the garage have told me that traction control is now standard on the 130TDI. MY brother has a Passat 130TDI and the traction only works up to about 20mph anyway so I don't really see the point.

Alistair
kash
New

Post by kash »

I have driven the 9n GT (130bhp) in the wet and I definatly felt that there was a need for traction control. With the amount of power and torque produced by that engine I would say that traction controll is a must for a car of that size.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

veedub-ally wrote:
I thought about the curtain airbags but I will be getting all my side windows laminated anyway so it seems a bit pointless.
But this would not have any effect on the curtain airbags, put it this way if VW offered eight optional airbags on their cars I'd have the lot. I'd rather skimp on items like larger alloys, climate, and cruise and go for safety items.

On the secondhand market people will pay more for a car that's equipped with six airbags and ESP.

Des
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Thanks for the opinion..... I checked with the garage and the car already has traction control as standard so I'm not really willing to pay another £495 just for ESP.

I'm going to pay extra for the side airbags but not the curtain airbags as well. I already think VW are taking the p*** charging for side airbags now on a car that previously had them as standard. So much for VW thinking about our safety!

Alistair
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Thanks for all the comments. Here's what I have finally decided after much deliberation!

VW Polo 1.9TDI 130 Sport 3dr
Reflex silver metallic
Climate control
16" Varano alloys
Cruise control
Rain sensing wipers & auto dimming rear view mirror
Side airbags
ESP (despite the dealer having been told by VW UK that the 130 had ASR as standard, a check with VW Germany confirmed that is does not so I had to specify ESP which also includes ASR - this is despite a £1500 premium over the 100bhp model and no extra equipment!)

Hope I have made the right choice! With a bit of luck the car should arrive end-September or early October.

Alistair
DAZZA_TDI
Silver Member

Post by DAZZA_TDI »

So you`ve finally decided alistair after sleepless nights :lol: :lol: , good luck with your new car when you get it, it sounds a belter your very lucky and i`m green with envy :evil: :evil: lol
Dazza
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Cheers Dazza

Promise to take you for a wee ride when it arrives 8)

I should make it to Knockhill in the current car - will post in that thread when I can confirm for sure.

Alistair
dxg

Post by dxg »

Allright Allistair! Very good to meet you on Sunday, your car was looking good.

Good choice in your next move - I look forward to seeing it in due course.

Will you be the first with a facelift on here?

Deek.
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Hi Deek!

Was good to meet you too and see all the other cars.

As for the facelift.... since I was the oldest at the meet maybe it's me that should be having the facelift and not the car! lol!

Seriously though, I think I might be the first with a facelift 9N on here but I won't get mine until October. Someone else might get one before then.

Cheers.

Alistair