yesterday was like christmas...

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

yesterday was like christmas...

Post by polo2k »

exept it was missing a fat guy and a tree :P
in reference to this post right here i now have her sat on my drive
i was up till about 4am ripping out an old alarm and getting her roughly clean (onging) as the paint was so oxidised that if you ran your hand across a pannel you got a white hand so ive cracked out the abrasive polish and things are lookign up (starting to get a shine). ive also been tring to find out all the little problems like blown dash bulbs and in the process i am going to do a blue dash conversion to remind me of the polos blue lit dials :) (damn modding bug)
so here are the before pics and hopefully there will be some after pics before too long
tiny little ding :roll: but im not too concerned as the pannel is fully accesable from the rear so one day it will get tapped out
the rust you can see here is just a stain from a dodgy repair on the wing that will get sorted some time (prolly after the polo gets her make over)
216745 KM on the clock so its barely run in :P
i may fit my old beta unit some time to fill the void :)
2.0 8v on a carb but not fast despite the rumours :P

oh and just so you dont have to ask it cost me £180 :D:P:D
dub envy

Post by dub envy »

thats a whole lot of car for under 200 notes!

so whats the plan now?

when is the polo having work started on it?
ciden
Bronze Member

Post by ciden »

Excellent choice. My dad owned a 1993 190E 2.0, just before the first C-class was launched. I drove the car more than he did, and I loved every minute in that car. In town it was a bit slow getting away, but once on the open road.....hmmmm not allowed to tell on here :lol:

Polo2k is I were you, I'd get rid of that rear spoiler and all exterior modifications that were done - a Merc looks it's best when it's original and clean (but that's my opinion).

Jacob
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I agree with Ciden, it would look better cleaned up a bit. OTOH, I'd say focus on the Polo!

:D

If the Benz runs, then that would be good enough for me. Very useful to have an extra set of wheels about if the #1 car is getting some TLC.

;)
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

well the body kit is oem merc and al riveted to the pannels so i cant see me getting rid of it any time soon. its true that they are slow off the mark but once you get them in third they dont do too bad (oh and btw mine is an 83 :o ) i wouldnt mind a bit more torque which is partly the reason why tommorow ill be prolly ordering a kn drop in for it (oh and the only place you can get oem filters is merc and therer over 20 notes each !!! )
the polo will prolly go under the knife in the middle or end of next month
as for choosing a nice car, i didnt so much choose it i was looking for a beater and this came allong at 300 euros so i told him id have a peep.
im already starting to find all the merc quirks (like vw ones) because last night i epaired the gear shift gaitor and to do so i had to unplug the right hand mirror and the hazard switch, but when it went back together it was about 2am and i had a couple of beers in my belly so i forgot to hook the switches bach up and then spent another 3 hours trying to find out why i had lost the indicators, thinking it was somthing to do with the alarm i had just removed/ripped out. right now there is no spoiler as its off for repairs (due to start when ive finished responding to the unread posts) and that line of rust is no more, oh and the remains of all the pinstripes have been T-cut off so things are looking better already
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Nice motor, sounds like a bargain. Should look good with a bit of tidying. Good for motorway cruising.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

well the carnage has started due to a dodgy repair on the wing so off it came and out came the big hammer, tommorow ill be basically making a casting inside the damaged area which should be plenty strong enough
dxg

Post by dxg »

polo2k wrote:well the carnage has started due to a dodgy repair on the wing so off it came and out came the big hammer, tommorow ill be basically making a casting inside the damaged area which should be plenty strong enough
You sure it's not made of reinforced concrete?!

Got a good deal there. Sadly, I can remember when new cars were rolling out of showrooms with blue interiors in them...

Deek.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

it could be :P
jazzypolo
Bronze Member
Location: Burwash, East Sussex. Nice Little Village, Miles from Anywhere.

Post by jazzypolo »

Just got back from my vaccanes and see you're thinking bout a few mods for the Merc.

Looks like you got a bit of work to get the old girl sorted, hope it dosen't eat in to the Polo plans.

What are you gonna do to the Polo ?

Few sets of nice looking AMG wheels on Ebay at the moment.

Mod Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

do not make me mod it ive already priced up a set of oem wheels 200 quid and a kn but i mustnt do it! its a beater and i got it so i could get the polo ready for next years shows and i think that most people will approve of what im secretly planning