Respray

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Biddle
Platinum Member

Respray

Post by Biddle »

When i bought my polo the bumpers had already been scraped on every corner to some degree, so I'm just getting around to having them sprayed. I've been to see the local guy and to spray the front and back bumper and also the boot panel he has give me a total price of £140. What you guys think of that price, good/bad?
large
Getting There!

Post by large »

dosnt sound that bad to me i was quoted £120 for a hole to be cut in my rear bumper the same as the tow hitch and to have it resprayed in my local town
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

dont know seems when that woman reversed into mine and i got a new wing and bonnet of her the spraying of them was 140 !!

jason11
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

dont know seems when that woman reversed into mine and i got a new wing and bonnet of her the spraying of them was 140 !!

jason11
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

That's a bloody good price mate to have both bumpers and your boot sprayed
RR Livi
Bronze Member

Post by RR Livi »

seems alright dude - feels expensive to me though

i was £45 for boot and front and rear bumpers to be sprayed :shock:
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

i just do my own :lol:
henry01
Silver Member

Post by henry01 »

well good pric, cost me 275 for my front bumper, but that was alot of smoothing :D... but yeah, very good price, i doubt your beat it
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

well living near London....everything is alot more expensive.

i had my front spoiler painted and fitted for 120!

-Ben-
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

My front bumper cost me £150 to get sprayed.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

guys can i suggest summit, why dont u's all learn how 2 spray an smooth, it really isnt that hard an its a hell of alot cheaper, i dont have any trade in bodywork but i give it ago once an from then on sumhow i just seem 2 know how 2 do it :)
warrmr
Silver Member

Post by warrmr »

polo boi wrote:guys can i suggest summit, why dont u's all learn how 2 spray an smooth, it really isnt that hard an its a hell of alot cheaper, i dont have any trade in bodywork but i give it ago once an from then on sumhow i just seem 2 know how 2 do it :)
cos personally i would like to do it with a compressor and spray gun and not a arasol can.

aftermarket paint like what you buy direct from VW or halfords or the like is celulose based and the solvent has to evaporate to cure the paint and isnt as hard as 2 pack paint you get form the factory or a bodyshop.

bodyshop paint comes in 2 parts. the first part you mix to make the colour kind of like in the dulux machines in b&q then the seccond part is a heat activated hardener you spray it on and put it in a low bake oven at around 50-60 degrees for a few hours. bring her out cool her down and flat and buff the paint and then you apply a clearcoat and set her down for a final buff and polish

oh and im not doubting you can get just as good a finish in your garrage as a bodyshop but if your like me and dont haev the room/knowlage or will to do it then its better paying a pro.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

warrmr it sounds like u know a brave lot about resprayin, and yes i agree about the compressor thats why im buyin one and the gun an the proper paint but from wot i hear 2pac paint is illegal now but i understand wot paint u meant. :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Pretty sure you're still allowed 2 pack paint, my boss does a bit of sparying and uses 2 pack stuff.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

there was a paint thats banned coz it causes lung cancer alot quicker than other paints but mabye its summit different or mabye they removed the additive that waz in the 2pac paint which waz causin problems.

does any1 know where i wud get an automatic boot latch, u know where u just hit a button an it pops open, coz my mate has 1 an u hit the rear wiper button an the boot opens, but i dnt know where he got it?? any1 know where???