6n2 front speaker size

Discuss In Car Entertainment
gti_black
Bronze Member

6n2 front speaker size

Post by gti_black »

before anyone asks, yes i have searched the forum and there are mixed answers so just need to verify this.

what size are the front door speakers in a 6n2. i believe its 16cm (i think) however i have uprated speakers so not sure if they are a different size?? can anyone confirm the size,

ive already got a set of 17cm comps so im hoping the door takes 17cm, if not its adaptors i suppose.

thanks,
Chris_GTI
Sponsor

Speaker size

Post by Chris_GTI »

I have Dynaudio MW160s in the stock locations.

They are 17.5cm according to the website, but a very tight fit. I had to file a bit off the metal basket to get it to fit inside, as there is an annoying metal bar in the way!

http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/car/driver.htm

You should be OK with 17cm ones.

Best of luck,

Chris.
gti_black
Bronze Member

Post by gti_black »

well just realised the speakers i have bought (comps) are actually 16cm, and when i removed the door card and tried to fit em, they dont fit because the original vw speakers i have are 17cm.

not very happy but thats life, are there any adaptors i can use to downsize the speakers. i need to fit 16cm speakers into a 17cm gap.

bit odd i know but it saves me having to buy another set of comps
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

gti_black wrote:well just realised the speakers i have bought (comps) are actually 16cm, and when i removed the door card and tried to fit em, they dont fit because the original vw speakers i have are 17cm.

not very happy but thats life, are there any adaptors i can use to downsize the speakers. i need to fit 16cm speakers into a 17cm gap.

bit odd i know but it saves me having to buy another set of comps
Yeah i believe you can buy adapters mate, Best bet to google it, Also if that fails make your own with some MDF