Warrantys

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
aldo10
New

Warrantys

Post by aldo10 »

Guys do you think it is a good idea to take out a warranty from the likes of warranty direct. if so where is the best place to get it ?
garnier
Bronze Member

Post by garnier »

waste of money. I have one but I pay £22 a month for it - they can wriggle their way out of paying out on claims quite easily - and when you need it most - the gearbox - they won't pay out.

Even if you do make a claim you'll still be paying around £60 to claim. It's a con. One of the clauses in the fine print is that they won't pay out for a fault part if it has an oil leak - how many parts have oil in them? A fair bit. Also you have to pay an excess on each claim - normally about £30, plus you have to pay for diagnostics.

The only claim I was able to make this year was for an ABS speed sensor. £40 for the part, around £20 labour and £25 for ECU diagnostics (vagcom type thing). Total bill would have been £85 cash, but with the warranty I had to pay £25 excess, £4 towards the part and £25 for vagcom. So it still cost me £54 even through the warrany. So far I've paid warranty direct about £250 this year. Who's the winner - not me anyway
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

Those waranty policies are always a bit suspicious...

If you are that worried, open a new bank account and pay yourself the £20 a month...then when the car goes arse over t*t you will have some "insurance"...