how to i make something a vector in ps?

A place to discuss Photography and Photoshop, show off your skills and have the odd competition!
JoeG07
Gold Member

how to i make something a vector in ps?

Post by JoeG07 »

ive got some line drawings that i need to massivly blow up without pixelating, anyway can be done? I know theres an option to do it on flash but dunno how on photoshop
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Not quite sure what you mean mate? a vector of a picture is a certain 'cartoon like' style you make,

But you want to re-szie something?
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

no basically its a CAD drawing but i can only make an image of it by doing a printscreen because im too skanky too pay for the full version which allows you to properly export. I need to blow it up to A0 but if i do that now its well pixelated. other than trace ALL the lines with the line tool which wld take months, is there a way to allow me to blow it up without losing the quality? I thaught maybe because its a line drawing it could be possible?
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

I haven't got a clue how you would do that, but I have a feeling it can't be done, especially from a screen shot.

I presume you have the CAD file as a DWG. If so email it to me (email addy should be in the email button below) and I should be able to convert it to a PDF at A0 size for you from AutoCAD at work.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ah i'm with you now mate,

Yeh if the designs not ridiculously complexed then you could just blow it up and draw round it again with the pen tool, have you tried that?

Or du want to get me a copy so I can have a look at it?
JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

lol yeh its pretty complex design, ill take it down to the studip pcs tommorow coz i thnik they have the version with the exporter, but if that fails i may have to send it to u, thanks guys
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

no problem, just keep us posted