I got bored...and thirsty! So...France it was!

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
olop_chris
Sponsor

I got bored...and thirsty! So...France it was!

Post by olop_chris »

Abit of a random one this, but I got back from France yesterday...only went for 2 days, mainly went to go and get some of my favourite beer that I've never seen for sale in a UK supermarket (Desperados) Highly reccomended if no-one has tried it!

Heres some piccys that I took, The car was excellent all the way there and back on my 550 odd mile round trip!

Mmmmmmmm:
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Haha Quality! I wish I could afford to indulge into trips like that.
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

brilliant, would love to do that!, how much did it cost you in petrol?
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Haha cheers guys, well firstly I was getting around 39.7mpg (Im sure I could have broke into the 40s but....well lets be honest, I couldn't hack just doing 60mph all the way!

Fuel wise...Got down from Derby over to Calais in a little over half a tank. Filled up 20 euros in France, and then filled up £40 on the M25 on the way back and that was it! (still got under half of that tank left)

So probably about £90ish in fuel, but baring in mind I'm still running around on that tank from London!

(Also involved some 'spirited' driving around some French country roads with no-one about! Was excellent! :) )
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

haha nice one Chris! i reckon i could do that trip on a tank :roll:

isn't that the place they used in Only Fools And Horses when they went to get booze and ended up getting an immigrant? :lol:
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Did you book a ferry in advance or are you paying on the dot? Also what's cheaper tunnel or ferry?
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

MaxZ wrote:Did you book a ferry in advance or are you paying on the dot? Also what's cheaper tunnel or ferry?
I booked in advance, but only by a week. The ferry is a lot cheaper than the tunnel! Although the tunnel is a lot quicker mind you. Was bloody choppy though, thats for sure :lol:
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Chris, is Desperados tequila beer? I'm sure I've had some in Spain before; very refreshing and tasty :P

I had one with a funky bit in the bottle in which you could open another bottle with. It might've been a similar one. Oh yeah, it was Salitos; that's the one. You should have smuggled a couple more kegs through though :D
Josh_polo
Gold Member

Post by Josh_polo »

We sell it at my work :lol:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Ollie_R wrote:Chris, is Desperados tequila beer? I'm sure I've had some in Spain before; very refreshing and tasty :P

I had one with a funky bit in the bottle in which you could open another bottle with. It might've been a similar one. Oh yeah, it was Salitos; that's the one. You should have smuggled a couple more kegs through though :D
Just stay away from the Keg Ollie, remember what happened at Inters when you opened it :lol:
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Wasn't just the keg! Bought back quite a few cans and bottles of it too :lol:

Yeah its the Tequila beer, soo nice. Yeah they sell it at a few pubs/restaurants...but only like in 2 places round where I live! Not good enough...plus I can't drink it at home, I can now! :wink:
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

That whole keg debacle pissed me off. I expected tasty beer straight from the keg, but what I got was endless white froth :cry:
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I'm just on the ferry on the way back from Wolfsburg, Germany. Was averaging a lovely 55mpg!!!

Filled the car up to the brim as it's a £1/L for derv instead of £1.14 so im told back in MK.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

dino wrote:I'm just on the ferry on the way back from Wolfsburg, Germany. Was averaging a lovely 55mpg!!!

Filled the car up to the brim as it's a £1/L for derv instead of £1.14 so im told back in MK.
That pees all over my MPG ey Dino!! :lol: I miss derv power for that!
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

you should have taken my t4, filled it to the brim! air susp on the rear too,so customs would never tell you had 25 kegs in the back :wink: :lol: