Hi all- Newbie!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
chriss
New

Hi all- Newbie!

Post by chriss »

:-) Hi im Chris
new to the VW scene looking to get a Polo!
This will be my third car, previously owning a classic 1988 mini -which unfortuantly got too expensive to maintain :( next up was a 1999 peugeot 106...which a couple of weeks ago i wrote off! :-? so that brings me onto the vw scene that I admired when i was with the mini scene! After always thinking i would get a Golf, i realised a polo would be much more sensible, as i am still young and insurance companies still hate me!
Loads of advice would be greatly appriciated as i feel i have alot to learn! The one thing that ive learnt from the mini and pug scenes is how usfull a good forum is!
looking through polos the below model catches my eye-in my opinion the best looking and old enough to be affordable, but also with safety and modern stuff etc? What mark is this? (presumed it was a mk5? -hence why posting in here)(correct area to post?) and any advice on the best model? im thinking 1.0 engine :-( as insurance needs to be low!

thanks in advance

lolhoward
Platinum Member

Re: Hi all- Newbie!

Post by lolhoward »

Hi, welcome to UK-POLO's.

Yes its a Mk5 6N2. All of the engines are ok. If your not bothered about pace then a 1.0l would be fine. I have a 1.4 MPI 8v which isn't bad but would have had a 16v any day for that little bit extra omph!

I would personally go for a 1.2 - 1.4. Just when full a 1.0 would be a bit sluggish.

What about the diesels? There cheap to run and possibly pretty good on the insurance.

Also depends what sort of extras you want to. My SE comes with alloys, front fogs, sun roof and electric mirrors (may be standard) and colour coded.
spawngti
New

Post by spawngti »

I have a 1.4 MPI (60bhp) and it's great as a first car for insurance and power balance IMO. Try looking out for S and SE trim if you want any luxuries like leccy windows though. My gf has a 1.0 Lupo (same 50bhp engine as the 1.0 Polo) and it is pretty gutless sometimes, especially on the m-way.
Brad.
Silver Member

Post by Brad. »

Hello there, Polo is a brilliant first car, i've got the 8v one.

Probably looking to sell soon.

It's the Silver 60BHP 1.4 model.
Got Electric windows, full lock out alarm/immbiliser (windows go up when you lock it etc)
Pioneer headunit, 6x9's in the rear shelf. These came with the car when i bought it, some old woman had it. :lol:
Normal steely wheels.

Overall good condition.
If you're interested, drop me a PM.
Joe_Mk5
Silver Member

Post by Joe_Mk5 »

welcome to the site mate!
i have a polo 6n2 aswell, mine is a 1.4 8v se. i have to say for a first car it treats me very well!
theres a couple of little things to look out when buying so check this out if you havent

http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... =13&t=1158

dont be put off by anything in there though mate, there fantastic little cars :)

hope to see more of you on the forum soon!