Polo estate 1.6SE 2000 reg

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
cinders
New

Polo estate 1.6SE 2000 reg

Post by cinders »

I've had this car for 6 years and it's now costing me more to keep than it's worth.

However - presumably it has potential for spares as it is a fairly limited model, or could be repaired privately.
It's dark green metallic, has done almost 110,000 miles and has very recently been fitted with a recon gearbox and new clutch. Also new catalytic convertor last December, and battery this summer.

I'm not into car mechanics, but just feel that it would be a shame to scrap it as it stands.
It runs fine, except that the exhaust is now blowing and it's due its MOT and it's the last straw!
Various other small jobs need doing and perhaps would suit someone else who also loves the estate version!

I do love the shape of the estates and wish they still made them. This one would do loads longer with T.L.C.

Any advice, sensible offers, or .....?

cinders
passat16v
New

Re: Polo estate 1.6SE 2000 reg

Post by passat16v »

location,
pics,
guide price

:mrgreen:
cinders
New

Re: Polo estate 1.6SE 2000 reg

Post by cinders »

It's in Cardiff - easy access to M4.

Will take pics and try to work out how to post them tomorrow. Failing this I can email them to anyone!

Guide price.... ummmm! How about £1000 as a starter - any offers?

Basically the body is not bad.The faults I know of are:

Blowing exhaust
EMS light on - was told it was the secondary air pump - never bothered with it as it runs fine without.
ABS light intermittent
Passenger window doesn't work
Passenger lock doesn't work
Air Con doesn't work
Catch on Glovebox broken

On the other hand I've replaced the battery and front tyres 3 months ago,
Gear box reconditioned in Dec, then rebuilt again in August when the clutch failed - so clutch replaced too !
All other bits seem to work fine, inc the CD/radio/cassette.
Has been serviced regularly and I've owned it from 27,000 miles. (so only 2 owners)
Would love to see it repaired and back in good working order as there aren't too many of them around.
But failing that its a crying shame not to strip out the good bits to use on others!

I really don't want it just to be crushed as it stands!