I have returned to the VW badge...

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

...though it isn't a Polo.

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new car I picked up this week. I'd had enough of throwing money at my S3 only to have it constantly break, so decided to come back to the Volkswagen stable.

With the mileage I'm doing I decided to go diesel, and settled on the 2.0TDI Jetta which is something of a bargain compared to equivalent aged Golf GT TDI's, along with being cheaper to insure. Plus it has a comically huge boot that I'll never find enough stuff to fill.

Immediate plans are to get some decent tyres to replace the 'ditch-finders' currently fitted. Then longer-term it'll get lowered, probably onto some Audi or Mercedes 18s. Undecided as to what to do with all the chrome at the front, as it's a little bit bling.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: I have returned to the VW badge...

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looks great dude!

18s and a bit of lowering will suit the car to the ground. What kind of mpg do you get out of that badboy?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Nice choice fella. Agree about the chrome, maybe a Golf GT-style black front grille would sort that out (leaving the chrome part around the numberplate).

I drove one of these a few months ago when my car was in for a service at VW, I was quite impressed with the pace and the refinement :)
Redline
Sponsor

Post by Redline »

Cheers guys :)

Tim: I'm average about 48mpg at the minute, which includes a lot of around town stuff. On the motorway it's more like high 50's, which compared to the 26mpg I used to get from the S3, is saving me a lot of money!

Si: Yeah I think you're right about the Golf GT grille, would tone the front end down just a bit.

Fitted some Goodyear Eagle F1's the other week. I never thought I'd say this, but for a diesel saloon it's surprisingly good fun to hustle along!
Redline
Sponsor

Post by Redline »

Just thought I would pop in again. Scared myself when I realised it's over 9.5 years since I first registered here!

Anyway, since last time I have been away from VW ownership and then come running back again. I've also been working on my own blog/website http://engagesportmode.com/ which is essentially my ramblings about cars and motorsport. Have a look if you fancy.

After buying a house with a short commute to work and an even shorter driveway, the Jetta was sold and I went to this for 6 months:
An 08-plate Fiat Panda 100HP, which was fun but quite frankly did my head in with it's crashy ride, horrendous fuel consumption and typical Italian reliability.

Realising the error of my ways in leaving all things VAG, I quickly bought this:
56-plate 9N3 1.4 SE. It pretty much exists solely for the purposes of transporting me to work and back, so the plan is to keep it standard. However, I am very much contemplating buying a 6N2 GTi as a project to play around with and do up. Just need to lengthen my driveway first!

Very glad to be back into Polo ownership, and hopefully double Polo status should I find a suitable GTi.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Wow it's been a while mate!

Welcome back B)
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Friend of mine has one of these and it's the nicest luxury car ever. I know what you mean about the boot it's ridiculous ahah