Auto folding door mirrors

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
v896
Bronze Member

Re: Auto folding door mirrors

Post by v896 »

thank for the response when buying my 9n3 GTI i found it difficult now to find all the factory extra's in polo i guess people don't think its worth the extra money when they are buying it form new (which is retarded unless got money to burn) don't get me wrong i love my 9n3 GTI i just want make it the best it can be how was suppose to be with DIS all the buttons and knobs work they only thing i don't like is the MFD there not up to date for a car from 2006 i wish i could put in a RCD 510 from Scirocco with parking distance it would be perfect car small pocket rocket with all the extra of the cars five years ahead
londonvw
Getting There!

Post by londonvw »

i looked at retro fitting the computer as well, again it was expensive and i didn't get all the functionality. instead what i have is a new garmin - they have a cable bluetooth thing that plugs into the car's port and it sends the info the the unit - there's loads that it sends and you can fiddle around and change the 'dials' on it. total cost was about 300 quid and you can move it from one car to another. just a thought.
v896
Bronze Member

Post by v896 »

ok whats the Garmin thing sounds quite interesting might have to look into it
londonvw
Getting There!

Post by londonvw »

its called ecoRoute HD

if you get a satnav check it has bluetooth etc. and is compatible with the thingy and your phone - my blackberry works but my samsung one doesn't for he phone.

http://gbr.garmin.com/ecoroute-hd/

i decided on a new satnav as i wanted the extra details the ecoroute offers (particularly mpg) and a handsfree phone....and satnav of course!

edit: see the satnav screen at the bottom of that page, you can change around the content and also the main one....also re fault codes, you can't clear them butit does tell you what they are. fo buying any of this, shop around - mine was about 70 quid, rrp is 100.
v896
Bronze Member

Post by v896 »

that looks really good i'm interested in the engine monitoring but haven't had time to research it this this guy done it on his ipad

https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=JdwaLeVoW8I

but the garmin seems like a cheaper and more compact option now all i need to do if find out which one has engine monitoring capabilities
thanks
londonvw
Getting There!

Post by londonvw »

i think as long as it has the eco hd that you should get the full suite of monitoring dials. its pretty cool as there's a load monitor, temp at the engine and a bunch of other things you never needed that you suddenly find useful :)
Tshedzamclay
New
Drives: Polo 1.6 2007

Post by Tshedzamclay »

WHere can I get that switch, is it on a GTI model
londonvw
Getting There!

Post by londonvw »

Wow…I had totally forgotten about my VWs u til this thread notification! This was 2011 ha ha ha!