6n 1.6 GLX Red "N" Spares or repair Nottingham

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
chrisfoster1971
New

6n 1.6 GLX Red "N" Spares or repair Nottingham

Post by chrisfoster1971 »

Right then folks, Here we have a reasonable 1.6GLX that has just failed it MOT (and the owner, my sister has gone and got another motor) so its here for the taking so to speak.

Please bear with me as I am no expert like most of you, but the interior looks kinda gti style with sportier seats than the wifes CL and the bumpers are deeper with front fog lights etc fitted.

I have a number of pictures below.+ in addition to the car there is a spare nearside rear door as someone damaged the one fitted but...it never got fitted.

Now I must admit the wife is wanting to take the alloys off and swap them for her standard wheels so please do not ask about them.

Ideally the car needs to go in one piece and fairly quickly but contact me and we'll see what we can do. Please note the car is driveable, has TAX for a very short while but its failed it MOT( personally I think the garage was a little too keen )

Below is the list of points raised.. but like I said I think they were just trying to create work for themselves, but I haven't got the time to sort it out.

The fails on MOT were:-

1. Nearside outer (sill) Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded
2. (Both inner sills) Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded
3. Nearside (floor) Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded
4. Nearside front tyre treat depth below requirements of 1.6mm
5. (both front) brake hose excessively deteriorated
6. Front sub frame corroded and seriously weakened *dangerous*
7. Nearside outer (sill) suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.
8. (both inner sills) suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.
9. Offside rear (inner wing) suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded.

If your interested please let me know