Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Why are GTi's not selling??

Post by alexperkins »

thats my argument. be impractical when you havent got to worry :P
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

alexperkins wrote:thats my argument. be impractical when you havent got to worry :P
Damn right... Get it all out of your system when you can... Then when your married with kids get a people carrier and you won't mind as much.. In theory..
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Or never have kids!
My boyfriend and I just have furture plans of a massive garage with automatic doors for each car, the GTI, G40, and M3
spending all our money on each other and our cars (and my my pets. i love my animals lol )
All good :wink:
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

People seem to of been tring to sell them for around £3000 for a long time now.

Thats alot of money for a 10 year old car. People could be looking at things like Clio 172's at the same money.
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

has anyone got a glasses guide? thatll give a good price idea.

i have one from last year so its a bit to old now really as they are updated i think every month.

in that one my SE with the miles it had and the condition it was in, it worked out as over £2,700. Ive not looked to see what GTIs are.
but VWs are realiable cars and do hold their money a lot better then other cars.
emma_88
Gold Member
Drives: 6N2 Polo GTi & 9N3 Polo GTi

Post by emma_88 »

I've just had a look on the NetworkQ website... Thought I'd try 51 plate with 34,000 miles

I don't think that's all that bad for a part exchange price.

For my spec (Y reg with 90k..) It was £1,750 in excellent condition :? :roll:
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

owenjt wrote:
MrP wrote:Just out of curiosity... Have you had many views on the car at that price range?
I've had a couple of people interested but no viewings. Don't think the short MOT helped though, expires in November. Didn't realise you could get one at any time though so just put it through, hopefully with 12 months MOT it'll encourage a few people to come see it now.
Put it on autotrader only yesterday, first person to come see it has bought it today.
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

I hope they don't drop loads in value,i want mine to keep abit of value if im honest.
live1
New

Post by live1 »

i saw your car on auto trader the silver one 1800 pounds did you get full asking price,ps i think the reason yours sold fast is because as you sold it so cheap it was the first gti listed on the site and the cheapist .my mate was thinking of buying it but was too far to travel if things when wrong
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

Verity wrote:has anyone got a glasses guide? thatll give a good price idea.
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

Jesus Christ those guides show a low value... Saying that aren't they for the trade at what to buy a car for?

I'm aiming at the modified market so prices will be adjusted accordingly. If mine doesn't sell I'm keeping it.

I have had loads of interest and some very good comments on my car, it just seems no-one is buying or can afford to.. I've had many offers for swaps, usually on cars I don't want..

But I was offered a E36 328i Sport for swapsies... But my insurance won't cover me as I'm too in-experienced at 26 with full NCB, no claims or points on my name.. Which baffles me really :?
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

surely not?!?! that cant be right! which insurance company are you with?
Im only 20 and i can get insurance on cars faster and more expensive on at least a few insurers. Try Sky Insurance, theyre who my boyfriend is with. when other companies say they wont insure him, or want a staggering amount of monies they always are willing to insure and are much cheaper then any where else :)
MrP
Silver Member

Post by MrP »

Verity wrote:surely not?!?! that cant be right! which insurance company are you with?
Im only 20 and i can get insurance on cars faster and more expensive on at least a few insurers. Try Sky Insurance, theyre who my boyfriend is with. when other companies say they wont insure him, or want a staggering amount of monies they always are willing to insure and are much cheaper then any where else :)
Brentacre.. Which are normally very very good!?

Issue is my policy runs out in Feb so I'm not prepared to cancel it and loose 1 years NCB for the sake of 4 months.

I have had quotes for the same car for sub £500 which is what confuses me more?

I'm not happy with them as you can imagine.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

The Value of the GTI's will drop rapidly in the next 2 years but I reckon in 6 or 7 years time the value will keep creeping up & up!
There is always a turning point on the value of cars and once they reach that point they don’t start losing any more money.

A prime example is my other car which is a 1986 MG Metro, 4 or 5 years ago you could pick them up for £200 and maybe £400 for a good example.
They are now worth over £1000 for a good example and mine which is in great condition is worth £1200 to the right buyer which just seems crazy.

The GTI is a desirable car and already rare, it will never have the cult status of say a MK1 Golf GTI but these will pick up in value in the years to come.
It’s going to be a classic car in another 10 years and by that time there won’t be many about at all, which means they won’t be cheap to buy.
By the time that happens the majority of us if not all will probably be driving different cars though.

Ben,
owenjt
Bronze Member

Post by owenjt »

live1 wrote:i saw your car on auto trader the silver one 1800 pounds did you get full asking price,ps i think the reason yours sold fast is because as you sold it so cheap it was the first gti listed on the site and the cheapist .my mate was thinking of buying it but was too far to travel if things when wrong
It went for £1700 which I was happy with.