Miles to a Full Tank

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Miles to a Full Tank

Post by Tyler Owen »

Boring question reallly but how many miles do you get to a full tank in your GTi's ?
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: Miles to a Full Tank

Post by whitegtipolo »

Dunno just fill it when light comes on :mrgreen:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Tyler Owen wrote:Boring question reallly but how many miles do you get to a full tank in your GTi's ?
This has been discussed in a previous thread but I get around 340-380 miles from full to 15-20 miles left on the MFD.
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

thats not so bad im struggling to get about 275 at the minute, but thats said i've only done 500 miles so far, im hoping things improve as it runs in!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

I'm the same Ty. I'm getting about 280 right now, but I've seen the range hit 330 on a full-ish tank. I've been using BP Ultimate 99 on mine (lucky boy with a fuel card off work) and a tank only costs about 45 quid to fill up, awesome.

I'm putting the crap economy figures down to the fact that I've got new car/heavy foot syndrome. I can't see that changing though, I'd drive my GTI all flippin day if I could.
big_amir
Getting There!

Post by big_amir »

I've Done 3600 miles in mine and the best I've got from a tank in 305 miles, but most my driving is NSL dual carriageways and A Roads.
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Ill do mine as its had remap i use tesco 99 ill let u know
Kerilia
New

Post by Kerilia »

Hey everyone, my first post ! woohoo !

Got my new baby the other week, and loving it.

From new my first tank of fuel I managed around 350miles, A-road driving sticking to the speed limit etc ;p . Which felt amazing moving down from an edition 30 remapped, and ofc it would.

The week after I did a trip down to London from Birmingham and my average mpg was 46.9 with an Range of 400 miles for the tank which has left me gobsmacked so far.

Love this car <3 :D
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

Wish i was getting that sort of MPG !
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Kerilia wrote:Hey everyone, my first post ! woohoo !

Got my new baby the other week, and loving it.

From new my first tank of fuel I managed around 350miles, A-road driving sticking to the speed limit etc ;p . Which felt amazing moving down from an edition 30 remapped, and ofc it would.

The week after I did a trip down to London from Birmingham and my average mpg was 46.9 with an Range of 400 miles for the tank which has left me gobsmacked so far.

Love this car <3 :D
Welcome to the forum. I came from an ED30 and the difference in economy is amazing I get at least 10-15 mpg better than I used to. My average since owning the car shown on the second MFD trip is 39mpg over the 3000 miles I have done with a real broad range of driving mostly A/B roads and town/urban so I am very pleased with it. I don't tend to drive the Polo as hard as the ED30 but that's probably been due to the new car and poor weather.
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

I just did 530 miles on about a tank and a half yesterday maybe a tank and two thirds. thats not bad. about 80 quid or something? mixture of easy driving at some more "spirited" driving...
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Assuming £80 and £1.30 a litre that works out at 39 ish to the gallon which sounds right and is spot on my average consumption since I had my car.
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Post by BonsaiTiger »

yeah actually now that you mention it, it was probably more like 95 quid coz I filled with 98ron at service stations on the motorway so it was like £1.48 a litre haha, oops!
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

£95, when you think that you spent that in such a short space of time makes you glad you don't run a gas guzzler.
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

According to some posts on a German forum I read, there is a little button inside the fuel filler hole that will allow up to 5 litres extra to be added when filling. If this is depressed with the filler nozzle it will vent the tank and allow the extra fuel.

This should apparently only be tried when you are on a long journey when the fuel will be used immediately as the volume is usually occupied by air in the tank for fuel expansion due to heat...