New GTI Ordered!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Verity
Gold Member

Re: BBS 16'' Wheel Refurb

Post by Verity »

funlovincriminal wrote:Bought a couple of bits and pieces; 2m of red grill trim (thanks verity for sorting me out the contact :P )
your welcome :D glad you got some. i love my trim, and it hasnt aged a day!! :D the one problem was they are thicker then the other trim, i found when i put the bonnet down it pushed the trim out, and i dont like cutting them to short as they stick out slightly fron the bonnet. so i i did end up having to cut an L shape into the ends, then siliconed them down to the top of the grill (as iff dissappearing under the bonnet), but looks much much better then it ever has before :)

GTI badge looks good! I brought a new VW badge off ebay for my key last year, and its already completly flaked off :/ only lasted a few months before a little hole appeared in the middle grrr. deffinatly need to get another one. makes a massive differnce to the look of the key.

rims are looking great :D
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: FLC's gti

Post by funlovincriminal »

neilGTI wrote:I have different badge on mine dude, too big for me.
Yes I've seen your badge looks good, vw sharan badge yeah? Something for the future i think
Godderz23 wrote:Wheels look great dude. My new red grill is turning pinky already! Think im going to spray it or something.

I also really like the badge on the key, do you have a link to where you got it from?

Chris.
Sorry for the massive delay on the link :-) Ebay £1.99 or best offer, so he may accept a quid; who knows

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-KEY-FOB-BA ... 1c1db67e8c

Verity wrote:
funlovincriminal wrote:Bought a couple of bits and pieces; 2m of red grill trim (thanks verity for sorting me out the contact :P )
your welcome :D glad you got some. i love my trim, and it hasnt aged a day!! :D the one problem was they are thicker then the other trim, i found when i put the bonnet down it pushed the trim out, and i dont like cutting them to short as they stick out slightly fron the bonnet. so i i did end up having to cut an L shape into the ends, then siliconed them down to the top of the grill (as iff dissappearing under the bonnet), but looks much much better then it ever has before :)

GTI badge looks good! I brought a new VW badge off ebay for my key last year, and its already completly flaked off :/ only lasted a few months before a little hole appeared in the middle grrr. deffinatly need to get another one. makes a massive differnce to the look of the key.

rims are looking great :D
Thanks Verity & Great idea for the trim, cutting some 'flanges' out. I've found the top keeps on popping out even with the extra strong double sided tape I'm using, I will do this soon. :mrgreen:

Looks like finishing the wheel refurb will be delayed, I'm being sent to work in London for the next month or so, so my car will be on the drive & I'll have to rely on the ever unreliable train :x
Godderz23
Platinum Member

FLC's gti

Post by Godderz23 »

Cheers for the link dude. To answer that question it's a no. I offered him £1.50 then £1.80 and he declined both. What's the point in putting best offer if you wont take 19p less than buy it now. Not buying from him out of principle now :-)
joe2612
Gold Member

Post by joe2612 »

Where are you getting your centres done mate and at what price?
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Getting them done at S.E.M at sunderland, they did a great job on my last set. Havn't had a quote yet for just getting the centres done, but expecting it to be about 80quid.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Any updates on this? :D
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

I've been real lazy with the car lately, been working away a lot for the past 8 months.... but, I'm booking it in for custom stainless exhaust soon, got quoted £300 for cat back with the silencer, Also induction kit to sort shortly after. Also the 16'' bbs split rims will be getting finished for march.

This is the last pic I took of my gti a couple months ago, but I've had my winter g60's on since november.

Also had some trouble with it lately, started badly, then only got 100 yards engine light came on & I could hardly pull away, total lack of power getting through, however Had the 4 month old spark plugs :x changed & problem has dissapeared thankfully, so it's running really sweet now :P
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Glad it was just the spark plugs and it's fine now :D

I really hope I see this around, we should take them both for photos lol 8)
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Yeah photoshoot in spring.me thinks when it's wearing it's New wheels, I park in Gateshead every day and walk over millennium bridge to work, i'm sure you'll spot my gti around
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Re: FLC's gti -Custom Exhaust

Got my custom Stainless steel Cat Back system fitted couple o days ago.

Sounds Great, not too loud & chavvy, just right very happy with it. Forgot to take photos when it's up on the ramps, but I will get some soon.

Also... Missfire problems again when I started it this morning.. I've had new leads, coil pack & replaced plugs (twice!!) in last 6 months. I sprayed a bit wd40 on the wiring & seems fine now, So i'm wondering if i've got a split in a cable somewhere & the moisture is getting in. I doubt it can be the leads after they've been replaced recently......Any suggestions :?: oh well, seems I have problems every time I spend money on the car.

Also, the 16'' bbs rx2 will be ready to pick up next week, they are in for a full refurb - yes I started polishing the rims, but wasn't happy with the finish & need a lot of tlc to keep on top of them, so I have just sent them to get painted, I was gonna just get the centres done, but for an extra £120 it was worth getting the whole things done. Are being painted silver with a sparkly effect, the last set I got done looked fantastic & easy to maintain/ keep on top of.

Next thing is Induction Kit, BMC CDA will be getting purchased, so will be hunting here for advice on fitting soon.

Looking forward to getting the winters off, Bring on the summer :D :D

Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Looking good 8)

I had the same problem with mine and the mis-firing. It was the Lambda wiring had snapped, I had to take the plastic covering off to find it. Definately worth a look, it was the last thing I checked after changing the leads, coil pack and plugs. It's running like a dream now.

Good luck :D
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Thanks moosegirl, will look at the wiring, but Car has been running spot on recently, New exhaust makes huge difference to the car, well happy with it.
The BBS 16'' rs 764 now finished and built. Can't wait to put em on

Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

BBS lookin minty fresh :-) will be nice once there on!
16s will work so much better than the 15s ;-)
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Wheels look great mate :)

If you need any advice on fitting a BMC CDA then just drop me a PM
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member

Ashcroft wrote:BBS lookin minty fresh :-) will be nice once there on!
16s will work so much better than the 15s ;-)
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Wheels look great mate :)

If you need any advice on fitting a BMC CDA then just drop me a PM
Thanks, I will be in touch when I get one, but need to buy one first, missed out on one on ebay sold for £70 couple of weeks ago, missed a proper bargain.
Where is the best place to buy the BMC new, I can't find them?