Rogo's 6n2 GTI / just fitted some vr6 leathers

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Rogo's 6n2 GTI / just fitted some vr6 leathers

Post by rogo-24-84 »

I bought this last weekend as a little run around and bit of fun so i dont have to rack the miles up on my S3 running it to work everyday.... ive always liked the look of the 6n2 gti and after buying it i love it, its like a little gokart!!

cost me £1550 (won on ebay) with a recent recon gearbox and new clutch fitted costing the previous owner £1200!!
its on Jom coilovers with Porsche Cup 3 Twist (reps)

since i bought it saturday ive put some stretched tires on the rear and wound the coilys down abit more and fitted some 20mm spacers on the back.. need to go lower on the front i think tho!!

Anyway here we go:

Here's my S3 too...

Last edited by rogo-24-84 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Re: my new little toy

Post by TriggerFish »

Best colour that! 8) Like the fog lights too.

Has it been in a shunt, as it's missing headlight washers from the front bumper. . .
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

possibly? i thought that it may have had a bang as the drivers side headlight seems to sit funny...

i did a check on the car tho before i bought it and id came bk clear so its never been in a insurance smash. maybe it has been bumped tho? im gunna pull the front bumper off tho and have it all smoothed before show time this year anyway,

just waiting for a new roll of carbon vinyl to come in so i can do the roof too, ive got gloss black here but i think carbon would look abit more trick!!!

already wraped some interior bits in gloss black, look quite good ;)
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

Nice cars mate! Yeh looks a bit strange without that washer jet lol took me ages to figure out what was missing haha!

Should look good when the roof is done...
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

its prob a replacement bumper tbf as i just put in polo gti bumper on ebay and the new part they list doesnt come with washers.. i could always get some top caps and fix them on there when i smooth the bumper off i guess.. personally i dont like to use te headlight washer anyway as i have them on my s3 and where its always gleaming i dread even doing the windscreen washers as i dont want water marks everywhere.... lol

i might wrap the pillers between the door window and the back window aswell, might look quite smart... can always pull it back off i suppose!! ive done the badges carbon already.

im going to put some bbs rs reps on it when all the salts and wet whethers been and gone off the roads too, dont know whether to keep the porsche rims for winter wheels tho or flog them on???
Last edited by rogo-24-84 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobbyG
Bronze Member

Post by BobbyG »

Be careful because I'm pretty sure a wash/wipe system is required (for Xenons) in order to pass an MOT.....a new addition this year.
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

side bits wrapped like this polo,

dont know if i should do them gloss black or carbon tho..
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

BobbyG wrote:Be careful because I'm pretty sure a wash/wipe system is required (for Xenons) in order to pass an MOT.....a new addition this year.
it just had the mot done end of december, if it doesnt have them they cant test them tho, the same as rear seatbelts and rear window wipers... there's a way around things, i work at a garage anyway so mot's arent a worry ;) (decat all the way) lol
benmkiv
Platinum Member

my new little toy

Post by benmkiv »

Yeah but new rulings being phased in this year are like need washers need levellers etc etc think you should be aite though I imagine everything will be testers discretion as usual :p
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Post by TriggerFish »

Quite a lot of people have interpreted the wording as 'if they're fitted, they must work' - so they've taken that to mean they're not needed for xenons, but any that are fitted can't be broken. Not that they can even see them on the Polo as the bumper hides them. . .
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Nice little gti you got there mate! :-)
Look forward to following your progress
As for the side pillers if your going to wrap them in vinyl I think you should keep them the same wrap as what you do the roof :-)
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

Ashcroft wrote:Nice little gti you got there mate! :-)
Look forward to following your progress
As for the side pillers if your going to wrap them in vinyl I think you should keep them the same wrap as what you do the roof :-)
yh the carbon came in today, a 3 metre roll :) so there's plenty to do the roof and side pillers and spoiler, and some interior bits ;) i'l post some pics up of bits ive done... the carbon vinyl is lovely aswell we got the more expensive bubble free stuff and its textured aswell...
Verity
Gold Member

Post by Verity »

Nice Polo!
im looking forward to more updates :D
rogo-24-84
Getting There!

Post by rogo-24-84 »

Well got my wrap through today and got busy..!!! dispite it being -1 all day..

Make sure you centre your carbon wrap off otherwise the weeve pattern wont sit square and look rubbish when its fitted!!

Do sections at a time and not all in one go or you'l end up pulling it all back off as the bubbles will be herrendous!!

Nearly there...!!!

With the cut off's i did the pillers aswell

EASY......!!!!! :)
KPerryGTi
Sponsor

Post by KPerryGTi »

Looks pretty nice mate!! Just got my wrap through today aswell! Gloss black though...