Servicing Costs

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Beerbelly
New

Servicing Costs

Post by Beerbelly »

Just a thought, would it perhaps be useful to have a sticky setting out our experiences in servicing costs at the dealers. It might help to give others heads up on what to typically expect and even a bit of bargaining ammunition? I'll start the ball rolling:
Sytner VW in Huddersfield, Polo 1.2tsi first year 10k miles service (basically an oil change) £118.64
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Re: Servicing Costs

Post by CANDYMAN »

3 Years free servicing Gilbert Lawton Altrincham :D
TheSpudMan
New

Post by TheSpudMan »

Sytner VW Huddersfield. Picked my 1.4 match nimbus up 5 days a go and had 3 years VW servicing included in my deal :-)
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

30k miles servicing included with my GTI. Had my 2nd service a few weeks ago!
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

TheSpudMan wrote:Sytner VW Huddersfield. Picked my 1.4 match nimbus up 5 days a go and had 3 years VW servicing included in my deal :-)
stuart.cameron wrote:30k miles servicing included with my GTI. Had my 2nd service a few weeks ago!
Amazing contribution to a thread asking for prices on servicing. Nobody cares if yours was free as part of a deal.
TheSpudMan
New

Post by TheSpudMan »

rover220 wrote:
TheSpudMan wrote:Sytner VW Huddersfield. Picked my 1.4 match nimbus up 5 days a go and had 3 years VW servicing included in my deal :-)
stuart.cameron wrote:30k miles servicing included with my GTI. Had my 2nd service a few weeks ago!
Amazing contribution to a thread asking for prices on servicing. Nobody cares if yours was free as part of a deal.
I do apologise if you feel my post is not a valid contribution. As you can see from my post count I am new to the forum and don't wish to offend anyone after only just becoming a member.

I do however feel that your feedback could have been a little more constructive, but like I say I will take this on board for future posts.
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

rover220 wrote:
Well thats how much my service was. £0
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

stuart.cameron wrote:
rover220 wrote:
LOL!
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

stuart.cameron wrote:
rover220 wrote:
Hahaha, this is awesome.
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

Expensive. . But when I take it For a service normally get some other stuff aswell.
Zstar
New

Post by Zstar »

Ive had my second service done recently, interval service i think they called it, had filters and oil changed came to £195
rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

Zstar wrote:Ive had my second service done recently, interval service i think they called it, had filters and oil changed came to £195
see, thats a useful post!
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

As most vw Dealerships change round about the same price and the fact most people have service plans, this whole thread is pointless, only ammo you have is they will match any like for like service price in 5 miles most of the time.
Beerbelly
New

Post by Beerbelly »

I think my original post was far from pointless. I do not have a service plan. It will be of use to anyone contemplating buying one of these cars in helping to set out what the real servicing / running costs are likely to be. I have generally been able to negotiate some form of discount for the servicing work carried out on the last three different makes of new car I have purchased. Of course you are quite entitled to get your servicing done by an independent garage if you so wish, but how would you know if there was any point if you don't know what a main dealer would charge?
KieranLeighton
Bronze Member

Post by KieranLeighton »

You can go on most dealers websites and get the priced other by there online http://www.volkswagenmanchester.co.uk/V ... ffers.aspx

Or some if its a new car might have this
http://www.sinclairvolkswagen.co.uk/con ... %20Booking

Or like this
http://www.silverstreetautomotive.com/s ... ne-booking

Either way they all tell the price online :)