Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ChunSel90
New

HID! Fitting problem.. and a surprise -_-

Post by ChunSel90 »

Right! sooooo.

Remove headlight! check!

Remove bulb! Check!

Fitting HID bulb in... failed... Ive taken out the bulb with the twisty adapter, how do i fit the HID bulb in place? did you guys mod the clip in someway? as the H7 bulb fits into the hole but nothing to hold the bulb in place?

Anyways! i decided to try the bulb to see if it works, it came on! viola! and no warning light either! success!!...

30 seconds later.. the bulb blew? so i was like great.. just blown a Hid?!

Unplug the HiD, put it back to original with original bulbs etc.. start the car.. dipped beam doesnt come on, sidelight and full beam still works..

What the Feck T_T... not been a good day *sigh*

Any advice would be helpful! on fitting the HiD bulb in place, and the possible reason for the headlight blowing =/?

Thanks guys!
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Re: HID! Fitting problem.. and a surprise -_-

Post by stuart.cameron »

Not sure on the HID fitment. but could possibly be a fuse?
Scotty93
New

Post by Scotty93 »

Sounds like it was a bad ballast/surge in power that caused the bulb to blow, (I should know, I've dealt with many HIDs) and the clip should just pop out so you can put the HID in and then clip it over the top of the wires
POLOGTI2011
Bronze Member

Post by POLOGTI2011 »

Did you wear gloves or touch the hid bulb with your fingers?! Probably either blew a fuse or tripped the car into a weird light mode maybe a trip to vw would be worth it
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Hi mate. Okay, first off, the reason your dipped beam isn't working is definitely a blown fuse. It will be the ballast that tripped it. The fuse will most probably be a 10amp (red) on the driver side fuse box.

Secondly, the clip doesn't require any modification, although some people have/do split the clip. The way I have always fitted these bulbs is by using a little piece of sandpaper and filling a little chamfered edge on the back of the plug attached to the HID bulb, as so when you slide the clip up to the plug it gives it a helping hand to slide through. It it very tight, but believe me it will go. I've dome this many of times, everytime the same way. Hope that helps you pal. :)