How Low and What On?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Scotty93
New

How Low and What On?

Post by Scotty93 »

Okay people, time to show off how low you are and what you're running!

Post a picture of your car from a side angle followed by
  • How Much its lowered by
  • What its lowered on
  • Size of wheels
[/b]
jakovdub
Silver Member

Re: How Low and What On?

Post by jakovdub »

Not sure how much it's lowered but helper springs are taken out the front, and wound down but have about an inch more to go, i have adjustable drop links on the front which help the drive shaft keep away from the chassis so i can go so much lower, the back has adjusters taken out so fully down.

I have TA Technic coilovers (the cheap ones) they were for 9N/6R models hence the reason for new drop links.

Wheels are 16'' 8J Et25 (Tyre size 195/45/16)

phayth
Getting There!

Post by phayth »

Fk highsports..
Front: all the way down no helpers.. was sat on bumpstops so cut them in half to.
Back: no adjuster in and bumpstops also cut down.

Wheels are 17x7.5j et 46 all round mercedes Segins.. 20mm adapter on front and 30mm on the back.

cannot go any lower, unless i get air :(

no need for drop links as stated above :D

Stiggy
Getting There!

Post by Stiggy »

Am I the only person who thinks that extreme lowering of cars is idiotic?
Scotty93
New

Post by Scotty93 »

Stiggy wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that extreme lowering of cars is idiotic?
at the end of the day its up to the owner to decide and the slammed/stance look is massive at the moment so yes you probably are haha
POLOS
Bronze Member

Post by POLOS »

Scotty93 wrote:
Stiggy wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that extreme lowering of cars is idiotic?
at the end of the day its up to the owner to decide and the slammed/stance look is massive at the moment so yes you probably are haha
Quick way of ruining the ride quality
PogoCT
Getting There!

Post by PogoCT »

For car shows i'm all for stance, that is why coilovers gives you the freedom to adjust as you require - i too agree that the slammed look for a daily drive is a tad bit idiotic, currently my car is lowered and i have an inch gap between all 4 wheels - i'm happy with "my" stance and i can still drive comfortably as well. :lol:

but for what it is - these pics of the polo's are awesome 8)
phayth
Getting There!

Post by phayth »

the ride quailty on my car is firm, but it does not bother me at all.. im wiling to compromise i bit of stiffness for all out coolness! :D
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I personally don't like it, but I see no reason to knock someone who does. It's their car, not yours.

And the quality of work done by members of this forum is far higher than the majority of people lowering their cars.