The NEW-new POLO

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

The NEW-new POLO

Post by Ballyhoo »

:D Hello,

I've been away for a long time, on a quest, a marathon, an adventure and it has been fruitful! Ok, enough of the b****x, has anyone else seeen the images of the new Polo?

I was recently asked to be part of a VW market research focus group which happened to be on the new Polo!

As I've been away you guy may have already covered this but if not let me know and I'll tell you more about what it will look like. Unfortunately I had to sign a dicalimer about not showing pics of it and we were NOT allowed to take anything away, I did try but it looks good, better than the 9n! Similar but improved.

Apologies if I'm doubling up on another post.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Yes please!! Tell us all that you can! Who cares if you're doubling up -- we have touched on the facelift, but it's all been wild speculation so far...

I note what you say about the NDA, but please go as far as you think you can without contraveining(sp?) it. Personally, I'd be really interested in knowing if the speculation in this thread:
http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... de1a49c586
is close to the mark or way off it!!

But some questions:
1) how did you get to be involved in the workshop?!
2) did they give you any idea of timescale?
3) how the did the group react to what was presented (even if you can't tell us what was presented, did the group react well or badly -- what did they like/dislike (if it's possible to say without breaking the NDA)).

4) when does your NDA expire (see (2) above)?!!

Really looking forward to what you can tell us! 8)

Deek.
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Hello! and welcome back.

Yes, do tell us. It might stop me buying a GT.

James.
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Post by Ballyhoo »

Hello guys, no problem and apologies for the **** bit before! ooops.

First of all the pictures that I saw of the new polo had the car in silver (again!) and it was kinda a bit like the dull metallic silver-looked expensive but nice.

First of all DXG yes the picture in your thread was of the car that I saw, kinda like a little brother to the new golf. The reverse of the car is quite similar to the current 9n but with a change of lights, in fact they look a lot like the lexus lights but less tacky, less clear plastic-they are more red with a circule red light in the middle with the white (or is it silver) rim on it. It just make the rear light look more aggressive, looks like its frowning!

The boot is pretty much the same but with a slope in the middle of the rear window that is hardly noticeable but just gives it that subtle added detail. The boot handle does not have the New-Golf style opening of 'pushing' the VW sign to open it, but this was something the group remarked should happen to the Polo as it would make it more slick.

Answers
1) I occasionally get asked to participate in market research focus groups by 'getting stopped in the street' As I drive a POlo my opinion counted you see.
2) Timescales-well I asked this one and the independent company behind it explained that VW should be releasing it next year-no exact dates though
3) The group reacted well, there were only a few criticisms-one being the fact that VW should lower the car and include the 'bee-sting' arial as this adds style, plus I asked about a GTI version and the group agreed this would be a good idea, as this was something lacking from the Polo at the moment.

One aspect that was disliked is that the Polo pictured (and the one in the tread) may be a higher spec model and the lower spec model may not have fog light nor the nice styling Finnish near the bottom front of the car. We all agreed this would be disastrous as this partly makes the whole style and new look of the new Polo.

Actually looking at the image pictured in the thread, the mirrors on the image are silver-ours were black-this was mention as being WRONG! The indicators will definitely feature in the mirrors that is a given fact apparently. We agreed the whole car should be colour co-ordinated including those annoyingly horribly ugly black rubbing strips!

We also mentioned that the car was too high and that it should be lowered a little, this was a point that had been mentioned a number of times apparently-lets hope that VW will take our comments on board.

No interior pics sadly.

Quite a few of us in the group had experienced little faults with our Polo's and we highlighted these problems. I simply said please explain to VW that having the Polo made in Spain is a bad idea and that as German branded car they should be built with more car and more importantly in Germany-lets keep our fingers crossed that the new Polo does not have the 'rattle'.

Oh yeah-the alloys featured on the car were the same alloys that are an optional extra on the 9n-I'm talking about the BBs-style most expensive ones-I couldn't remember the name of them!

4) Not too sure what you mean when you refer to 'NDA'?

Petrified - Put it this way I'm going to seriously look into buying a GTI version of this when it comes out, and as VW have not and apparently wont release a GTI 9n-it looks a lot more likely that the New Polo (10n?) will have a GTI blood relative! Crack-on!!

Hope this helps!
8)
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

Ballyhoo wrote:
Oh yeah-the alloys featured on the car were the same alloys that are an optional extra on the 9n-I'm talking about the BBs-style most expensive ones-I couldn't remember the name of them!
San Marinos! :D 8)

(hehehehehe)
dxg

Post by dxg »

This all sounds really good.

Although the sounds of the rear glass worries me a bit. I hope it's not going to turn into something like the last mark of Fiesta (ergh!)

When I said "NDA" above, I was meaning "Non-disclosure Agreement" -- please just check that, if you signed anything placing constraints on what you can repeat in public that the above doesn't contravient it - if it does, then plase make the necessary edits (just to save Josh's back).

But in the meantime -- thanks for sharing this with us!! Like Petrified says, I guess the GT will have to wait for another six months... :wink:

Deek.