Not Sure What To Do To My 1.2tdi 6r When It Comes
Tuning Box Or Remap

What Has Everybody Else Got?

Need Help Please
calvinw1
Bronze Member

Re: Tuning Box? Or Remap? HELP*

Post by calvinw1 »

Just to let you know if you go down the re-map option, the first time it gets plugged in at a VW garage, it will pop-up with a message indicating the ECU has been flashed. Automatically gets registered so no matter what dealer you go to, they will know even just from the chassis number it has been tampered with.

Does invalidate quite a lot of the drivetrain warranty, only way around it is to get a new ECU. Revo are apparently working on a fix for this at the minute, not to put you off though. I wanted my TSI remapped but someone in parts at a dealer put me off :)
Polomic
New

Post by Polomic »

calvinw1 wrote:Just to let you know if you go down the re-map option, the first time it gets plugged in at a VW garage, it will pop-up with a message indicating the ECU has been flashed. Automatically gets registered so no matter what dealer you go to, they will know even just from the chassis number it has been tampered with.

Does invalidate quite a lot of the drivetrain warranty, only way around it is to get a new ECU. Revo are apparently working on a fix for this at the minute, not to put you off though. I wanted my TSI remapped but someone in parts at a dealer put me off :)
Thank You For Your Reply
It Has Been Very Helpful
I Think I Will Be Going Down The Route Of A Tuning Box

Thought About A 1.2TSI But Once I Drove The Diesel And Felt How Strong It Was And The Miles Per Gallon I Was Hooked On The Diesel.
mozzapologti
Getting There!

Post by mozzapologti »

yeah I had remap had problems a year later vw blamed map won't pay out for lot of warranty work because of it wish I went for bluefin chip instead
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Hi we've got a TDI-Tuning chip on ours, will get a thread up about it soon! :)