what bhp is everyone running??

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
cam20vt
New

what bhp is everyone running??

Post by cam20vt »

Curious to know what other polo 1.8t's are running with what mods, mines 213bhp with a milltek turbo back exhaust with the decat pipe, forge 007p and a ramair airfilter (not the best I know but I cant knock it) and a remap, look forward to seeing everyones huge lists :)
VWindahouse
Bronze Member

Re: what bhp is everyone running??

Post by VWindahouse »

260bhp at the moment with unfinished rod safe tune (22psi) on the Ko3s ball bearing converted hybrid. Going for 350bhp after full engine build :mrgreen:
Jimmy91
New

Post by Jimmy91 »

Im running a polo gti with a blueflame turbo back decat system ( i wanted a miltek but i brought the car as it is what does everybody else think about blueflame?? im happy with it so far. Would be nice to hear other views on it?) also got a k&n air filter and 312mm brake upgrade, will be getting a stage 1 revo map next week so i will update then :)
Crippin
Bronze Member

Post by Crippin »

244bhp.
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

How did you get to 244 please?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

320bhp on low boost (22psi) soon to be 28-30PSI.
Engine fully forged, head flowed and supertech valve train.
Turbo dynamics MDX 555 400 turbo
Single pass front mount intercooler, milltek cat back pipework downpipe
There's more but i'm sure you get the idea
andyc315
Bronze Member

Re: Re: what bhp is everyone running??

Post by andyc315 »

GTi_Red wrote:How did you get to 244 please?
I'd take a guess thats stage 2
So filter, dv, tb exhaust, tip, fmic
Think that's it, might be missing something

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
buzzmotorsport
Bronze Member

Post by buzzmotorsport »

Id like to see the mods list too... and the graphs.

People often get caught up with bhp figures. The area under the torque curve is far far more important.

I have a stage 1.5 with 212bhp and 264lft of torque.... had a simple 40-80mph race with a AMD mapped car that was running "213bhp".. there was no contest.

My car is mapped by R-tech in Leicester :wink:

Btw its only my opinions no harm intended :D

Alex
cam20vt
New

Post by cam20vt »

Some impressive polos out there, yeh I know what you mean buzz I think mine is about 270 lbft of torque cant pin point it on the graph lol so will probably be more or less the same as yours but will double check when I dig the printout out
buzzmotorsport
Bronze Member

Post by buzzmotorsport »

Yeah I agree. however it doesn't matter how much you have in total, its how long you hold that torque for, i.e area under the curve.

Many tuners spike the boost to get these figures but the n75 then pulls it back and you get a big spikey torque graph.

Anyone who hasn't had there car mapped by r-tech or badger 5 should :D, thereknowledge on these cars is unreal, and this is the reason my car will beat a stage 2 polo running more boost.

Alex
andyc315
Bronze Member

Re: Re: what bhp is everyone running??

Post by andyc315 »

buzzmotorsport wrote:Yeah I agree. however it doesn't matter how much you have in total, its how long you hold that torque for, i.e area under the curve.

Many tuners spike the boost to get these figures but the n75 then pulls it back and you get a big spikey torque graph.

Anyone who hasn't had there car mapped by r-tech or badger 5 should :D, thereknowledge on these cars is unreal, and this is the reason my car will beat a stage 2 polo running more boost.

Alex
Or for anyone in the north, big fish tuning. This is a current work in progress, informally known as stage 2.5
It's stage 2 plus BAM injectors, n/a cams and 80mm MAF
I believe they're hoping for 260+

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
cam20vt
New

Post by cam20vt »

Where in the north are they?
VWindahouse
Bronze Member

Post by VWindahouse »

buzzmotorsport wrote:Id like to see the mods list too... and the graphs.

People often get caught up with bhp figures. The area under the torque curve is far far more important.
Very true Alex. Also our dynos always read about 20-30HP less than the UK and US for some reason. Which is why I always like to compare a few things to get a more rounded picture. As well as what you've rightly mentioned.

1. Mass air flow - g/s over the rev range. This is vehicle dependent not a dyno variable.
2. At the wheels HP & Torque figures as unless you have your engine out and on an engine dyno your BHP is just a calculation taken from the power at the wheels.
3. And my favorite - Quarter mile times :mrgreen:

So maybe everyone could include these to make a broader Polo v's Polo comparison??

Anyway here are a couple of things from me.

Stage 2 Custom Code tune with CAI, 2.5" turbo back exhaust and SEAT FMIC, Forge DV - yellow spring (Red line Forge FMIC - Blue line SEAT FMIC)

Very torquey but dies very quick as Alex said. But enough to do a cracker quarter :P

No graph on hand but peak air flow was 175g/s

Now Custom Code stage 3 tune, Ko3s hybrid with 550cc injectors and APR fuel pump. Unfinished rod safe tune that was leaning out early and restricted up top. Going a 3" exhaust and better intake to hopefully sort that. One again will do an airflow graph but peak was 230g/s

As Alex said check out the improvement under the curves and that hybrid makes power to nearly cut out now at 7000rpm.

Hope to do the quarter again once the tune is finished.

Cheers, and I hope others can post similar info :D
Lukeygower
Getting There!

Post by Lukeygower »

Just had mine mapped at badger 5 the weekend, it has, rods and pistons, valves and springs, forge fmic, tubeular manifold and gt2871r. It made 351.9 bhp and 300 lbft. He said could of gone more but restrickted by the fmic i need a large one to see over 400 !!. But happy with the resultsas it is.
Stargazer
Getting There!

Post by Stargazer »

Mine was mapped at rtech and now has 211 bhp and 274 ftlbs need some sort of charge cooling to increase that, not sure whether to go for an intercooler or water/meth atm tho..