Seat sport Fmic

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Phile6802
Getting There!

Seat sport Fmic

Post by Phile6802 »

Hi Im getting a Fmic for my gti in a couple of weeks I did just plan on getting a forged one for around £700 but I have heard alot of good things about the seat sport intercooler but can't source the pipe work for them any where does any one know where I can get it from thanks in advance
ryanday91
Bronze Member

Re: Seat sport Fmic

Post by ryanday91 »

buy this one its better than the original

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/p ... fabia.html

and hard pipe kit for the diesel but im sure it can be adapted?

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/ ... -fmic.html
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

I have spoke to dark side about this kit and they said the pipe work is different. They said told me they are working with only "only charged dubs" at the moment to make a kit I have emails them but no luck :/
noone025
Bronze Member

Post by noone025 »

Full list of every connection needed on VWWatercooled: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 76802.html

Better than the Forge offering IMO (I've had both).
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

Cheers do forge or any other company not do a full pipe work kit as some of then items on that link are no longer available?
Stargazer
Getting There!

Post by Stargazer »

I think forge do a pipe kit for the seat sport intercooler.
Phile6802
Getting There!

Post by Phile6802 »

Does Any one have a link for the kit??
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

i have the Forge piping kit on my GTI.
you can find it all in my topic.

question for you guys who say that the darkside FMIC is better as the Seat sport one.
why exacly is it better? (i have seen the website info, but to me, that is no evidence for it being better...)
it's welded, so why is it better? welding gives edges on the inside so flow can be disturbed, you don't have this with pressed metal.
+ pressed or welded is not a diffrence, it's pressure tested both ways so you won't have any boost leaks, either way.

and they say it is thicker as the seat sport.
you won't notice any HP gains from that, you won't even have a gain in the forst place..
only thing it does is give it more volume, more volume means more work for the turbo to fill that space up.
more work for the turbo to fill it equals more turbolag...
so for stock turbo and up to GT28RS, this will not give you any powergains, only more lag.
so i don't get the part where it it's being "better"...

don't get me wrong, i do hope it is better, but i doubt it...
pretty lame arguments also if you ask me. :roll:
reddevil
New

Post by reddevil »

I have the seat sport intercooler and the bottom piping is self made the upper one is from forge for the seat diesel .

onlychargeddubs
New

Post by onlychargeddubs »

Hi,

This is the kit we have freshly finished! 8)

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/produc ... -fmic.html

along with the seat sport improved cooler

http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/produc ... fabia.html

it's had great feedback from the tester kit on the first car we've done and we're very happy with the overall finish :D

any questions drop us an e-mail sales@onlychargeddubs.co.uk

thanks matt
cam20vt
New

Post by cam20vt »

Only charged dubs, this kit youve recently posted is it a direct fitment kit on a 08 polo gti when? Mainly the pipework im talking about, thanks
noone025
Bronze Member

Post by noone025 »

yes, 08 (05-10 years)

Looks good, a little pricey, but there won't be a huge demand. less chance of a boost leak with the hard pipes.
onlychargeddubs
New

Yes direct fit, we've got the demo car coming back just to finalise the top pipe to throttle valve as we've had a completely custom silicone made for here then the kits are complete and ready to go.

Price wise we think is fair, it's no more than the Darkside diesel kits as it of the same quality and build but better than what you'd pay even more money for from Forge so we personally think the kit is cheap!

As you say hard pipes won't leak or split like a standard setup or the silicone pipework Forge supply.
onlychargeddubs
New

Yes, direct fit for all 9n GTI's.

We're just finalising the top pipe to the throttle as we had to have a custom silicone made to join onto the throttle, the demo car is booked in next Monday to get this sorted then the kits will be fully available :)

Price wise we feel is very fair if not cheap if you compare it to the Forge kit, the fitment of our intercooler is obviously like factory with no need for cutting the majority of the crash bar out.

The pipework is clearly much improved as it's completely solid instead of all silicon so chances of leaks or splits are stopped.
andyc315
Bronze Member

Post by andyc315 »

Is there a reason why your version of the SS intercooler is £270 vs the darkside one which is £225?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2