hey

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
madmatt

hey

Post by madmatt »

last night i got scared s**t i was at a petrol station when this mitzy evo VI came in and it came to be a lad i was at school with meny moons ago he offerd to take me for a blast in it i was in the car before i said yes and off we went they are the fastest thing i have ever been in apart from a yamaha r1 which would eat it alive anyways got on to the a1 and open it up fooking hell he took it up to 145mph and ran out of road due to speed cameras he said hes had 160 out of it :shock: and he said it nocking out 300bhp mad or what whats the fastest car u been in
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

u lucky bast*rd! id love that, id never get on a R1 tho. im just back from the isle of man watchin the TT's. u get to sit within feet of bikes like that goin flat out, with no fences to keep u off the road! feckin amazin!

anyway fastest car ive driven (and been) in is the V8 S4. i was in a 24hr garage puttin juice in my old golf wen a brand new S4 pulled in and started fillin up. bein a massive audi fan (with no shame) i was straight over drooling over it. the fella who owned it hadnt a clue about the car and only got it for the image so i ranted about the performance, the brakes, the engine, its history etc. being abit of a decent sort he offered me and my bird a quick trip in it up the road. so into the back we jumped, his mum was in the front! the car only had 200 miles on the clock! after a short distance he offered me a go which of course i jumped at. the thing is amazin, so effortlessly fast. i put my boot down and the car was at 90 in seconds. he even egged me on, and all this with his mum (age 120) sittin there next to me and him sittin in the back with my bird. it was bloody amazin! sorry bout the rant :oops: but feck!
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

I once come out from a local club very drunk and was gettin some food when a brand new evo VIII fq 330 came down the precinct thing, being drunk I jumped in front of him and demanded he let me in :D after about thr 6th or 7th time of begging of told me to get in the back, I just took us round to a straight road and opened it up, as soon as the turbo had spooled up I got a massive shove in the back an thr thing just went mad, I don't know if it was because I was drunk or not but everything went blurry around me :o then he demonstrated his powerful brembos before he ended up going into the back of someone, and that was the end of the fun :evil:
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

fastest car i've been in was a jaguar XJ220 8)

second fastest was MRK IV (mk4 golf )at the recent midlands meet!
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

XJ220 oh my god!!! :shock:
mk3_beast
Bronze Member

Post by mk3_beast »

mine is my brother-in-laws evo 6, last time it was on the dyno it read 480foot pound of torque, and 400 bhp!!!!! he goes by the name of evo 400, he won best handling car redline ten of the best last year
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Audi S3 :oops:
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

Its not so much the fastest thing I've been in, but the fastest I've been: That was 140mph! Now comes the embarrasing part, the car: My uncle's K reg Ford Granada 2.0 litre estate. That was standard tune as well. :oops: All I can think of as to how it managed that was the same engine was put in the Sierra Cossie (obviously with a turbo and some revisions), but oddly my uncle's Granada does have COSWORTH on the rocker cover....

Karl.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Dubbers arent the only ones to "go stealth" :D Ford guys seem pretty big on it too... and volvo owners :lol:

My own:
Fastest as a passenger - a touch over 130, on the A-somethingorother near Lutterworth, when my dad and his beau still had the Merc CLK Kompressor (before the business went t**s up and it got sold, making nary a dent in the debt). Just took me out in a spin to show it off, turned the traction control off to show off with some wheelspin out of junctions, trucking along just 80-90 like (after not very much time spent accelerating).. then he floors it overtaking a truck and kind of, well... forgets to let go. Because lets face it, it feels pretty good and you stop concentrating on stuff like the speedo and limits. Only when i glanced across at about 120 and went... Shhiiiiit..... he looked down (now going even quicker) and damn near crapped himself, straight onto the brakes :D
Busy road and his "missus"s motor after all :lol:

Fastest car been in - probably a distant cousins extra-modded Beemer 3-series turbo. Didn't spend much on the bodywork, but he was training as a tuning mechanic or something and had really worked over the engine. Took me (and dad again) for a ride round the cumbrian back-of-beyond. Didn't go "much" past the ton because of the twisties, but damn could it shift. Reckon he could have taken it off the clock without hardly thinking (you wanna bet he'd removed the 155 limiter? of course...)

Fastest driven: 115 in a Punto 75 (5 door :D), downhill, bricking it to an airport on the motorway. You could tell it was an airport road - i got overtaken a mile or two before the junction by a Xantia estate while still pulling 100-105 and it was like being passed at 85 by someone going three figures. It was a taxi... (probably belonging to a frenchman called Daniel). Then saw him indicating off towards the same location...

Fastest in current ride: 106. Required an awful lot bigger hill.

Fastest in the last few weeks: 73... I *was* doing 55, but the call of nature got ever stronger! Thats what i got to before salvation hove into view :(
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Fastest I've actually been is 170mph in a Honda NSX... wonderful car :D

However, the fastest car I've been in (although not necessarily being driven the fastest seeing as it was actually on public roads... I would guess we got to a mere 150 or so 8) ) is a Ferrari F40.. it lives just up the road from me, and I managed to blag a ride in it.. soooooo much fun :D
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

lucky git :D
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Fastest car I have ever been in I own :lol:

180mph 5th gear and effortless - its geared for 246mph in 6th

0-60 5 Secs
0-100 11 Secs
3.6 litres
2 x T25 Turbos
415 bhp
419 ftlb of torque

All from a bloody Vauxhall with seating for 5 and a boot you can sleep in!!!!! God damm it I luuuuurv that car!!!!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Lotus Carlton?
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

Fastest I've been would be in a Viper on one of those Supercar expirence days - 160mph
Prash
Silver Member

Post by Prash »

How did it sound :twisted: ?