Post by alexperkins »

Your welcome
rumelk
New
Drives: 2010 VW Polo 6R

Re: Rightclick on a 6R.

Post by rumelk »

Hi Newbie here,

I think im understanding the fitting of this kit. I have a question from Leeren666 update. you say the the negative pulse outputs need to be used, but where do these connect to on the car side of things. I've ordered the rclick kit (http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1152) but just trying to get my head around things before it arrives. This is what i've come up with:

Rclick Kit:

Orange Wire - Leave it to the side as not needed
White - Pulse output - ??? where does this connect to in the car
Yellow - To be earthed
Orange/Black - Leave it the side as not needed
White/Black - Pulse Output - ??? where does this connect to in the car
Yellow/Black - to be earthed.

So where does the solid blue cable from the car plug into on the Rclick module, and where does the 180ohm resistor fit in to all this... sorry if im bringing up old topics, but the instructions are not very clear. I plan to do a photo instruction, step by step, so people in the future can use as a guide....if i get it right with your help that is. :lol:

Also i'm planning on installing a boot release (http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... cts_id=278)

if anybody would like to shed some light on installing that too, would be great :)

Thank you so much
rumelk
New

Post by rumelk »

I took a video of what it looks like above the pedals, if somebody could shed some light as to where the rclick kit should be tapped into. Many Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpn9PuXak78

Leeren666
Getting There!
Drives: polo 6r

Post by Leeren666 »

Not sure I used the same rclick unit as yours as mine only had 2 buttons (no boot release) but if you locate the door harness as it enters the car from the door, just above the drivers side kick panel, the r click unit will fit behind this panel with a bit of fiddling. The resistor goes 'inline' in the unlock wire (white or white/black from the rclick unit I can't remember which but instructions will tell you) both the lock and unlock wires then need to be spliced into the blue wire from the door lock. You will also need a live feed to the rclick unit, I used the power from the light switch on mine,
Hope this helps
rumelk
New

Post by rumelk »

Hi Leeren666

Thanks for the reply.

My kit doesn't have the boot release, but i'm looking to install that in too (the kit has an option for the boot release, so thought i'd give it a shot).

Ok, I think i understand where the cables are now. I'm guessing the bonnet release lever panel will need to be removed?

The problem I have is that this system has 6 wires ( there are others, but ive grasped where they go....just about) as follows:

Orange
White
Yellow
Orange/Black
White/Black
Yellow/Black

So my question would be to which of these would the resistor go into. I read somewhere that the white and white/black cables (an earlier post by yourself if i remember correctly) are pulse connections from the rclick unit and need to be connected; however if there is only a single blue cable from the car, how does both of these plug into that one cable? Am i missing something blatantly obvious??

Am I correct in assuming that it's literally both the white and white/black coupled together and spliced into the existing blue cable from the car (with the resistor inline the unlock white cable? ) and thats it...

Thanks & apologies is im being a bit slow :?

Leeren666
Getting There!
Drives: polo 6r

Post by Leeren666 »

Ok, I think i understand where the cables are now. I'm guessing the bonnet release lever panel will need to be removed?

not totally necessary but you can fit the unit behind it and it helps access to the harness from the door lock

Am I correct in assuming that it's literally both the white and white/black coupled together and spliced into the existing blue cable from the car (with the resistor inline the unlock white cable? ) and thats it...

yes that's correct vw only use one wire for lock and unlock but rclick unit has 2 hence the need for a resistor
Builderjay
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.2 petrol 6r

Post by Builderjay »

Been trying to install a r-click remote locking unit on my daughters 2010 6r today.
All wired up as above advice but it locks with the remote but don't unlock!
Doing my head in as what should be an hours work has been 4 hours and its been raining on and off plus around 5c! last weekend was 29C!!!
Anyone got any pointers????
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

What resistor have you used
Builderjay
New

Post by Builderjay »

I've used a 180 ohm

so far I've connected to perm live, Earths from lock/unlock and earth from main unit, resister inline in the unlock, spliced into the lock wire then all to pin 20. Like I say it locks the car fine but don't unlock!!!
Last edited by Builderjay on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You might want to try a 200 ohm. Sometimes it needs to be greater

Double check your joins and the wires you’ve used too
Builderjay
New

Post by Builderjay »

can I join 2 180's in line to make it 360? I bought a pack of 5 you see! lol
Builderjay
New

Post by Builderjay »

update.

Checked all connections, all ok as they are soldered, same result just locks the car.
Inserted another resistor in-line and still the same.
R-Click sell the box on its own for £9.95 so I'm gonna go that route 1st and rule out that its faulty.

Will keep you all informed.

BJ
Garneill
New
Drives: 6r1

Post by Garneill »

Hello.

Just joined looking for photos of how to fit Rightclick keyless
Entry any help would be appreciated thanks