Soon to be new Blue GT owner

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

Hi folks, moving from a 9n3 GTI to a brand new Polo Blue GT in the near future.

Ordered one through Broadspeed on a pretty good deal and they put me in touch with the supplying VW dealer which is in Birmingham. Spoke to the dealer the other week and she was confident she could get me one from UK stock within 2-3 weeks (thought these were like hens teeth and there was at least a 12 week wait for a factory build). Anyhow got a phone call from her last week saying she has sourced one in the UK and it would be with her at the beginning of this week and getting PDIed and registered ready for collection this weekend.

I received the paperwork confirming she had the vehicle with her and it had the reg number and chassis number on the paperwork chassis number being: WVWZZZ6RZFY------. Now my question is do the new Polos have 6R or 6C in the chassis number, as I am worried she is trying to palm the older 6R 140ps model off on me as a new 6C one. I cant believe I have only had to wait 3 weeks for a brand new Blue GT so a bit suspicious.

I wont be able to see the car until I drive down to Birmingham to collect it, I know I can reject the car if its not the right one but would rather know before heading down there.

Anybody able to clear this up for me?
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Re: Soon to be new Blue GT owner

Post by rsmagee »

Seen a few people with a 6C mention there VIn also contains 6R so think this is perfectly normal. Think its due to it only being a facelift.

Hope you enjoy the car, picking mine up in about a month (used to have a 9n3 GTI too!) :)
Rik762
Getting There!
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by Rik762 »

Fear not................you are safe. I asked the very same question about mine which was a built to order 150bhp delivered two weeks ago. The 6R is correct for the latest model.
p.s. You will love it !!!!
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Post by gti-joe »

Cheers for the info mate, that is a relief. Really looking forward to picking it up.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

can confirm mine has 6r in the vin and is a 150bhp
98octaneblood
Getting There!
Drives: Blue GT MY15

Post by 98octaneblood »

I'm waiting for my Blue GT, it is expected to be into my garaje next week :wink:
98octaneblood
Getting There!

Post by 98octaneblood »

Mine is coded as 6R too. Anyway, Blue GT hasn't changed compared to other Polos. GT has the same bumpers tan before and still not posible to order LED headlights :(
Jamesbluegt
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r bluegt

Post by Jamesbluegt »

The only thing that has changed is the 10bhp in the 6c but I'm not sure how you can tell by looking at it :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

The interior has changed significantly with the touch based entertainment system being the biggest giveaway.
98octaneblood
Getting There!

Post by 98octaneblood »

I'm picking mine (expected) next Friday, the salesman (friend of mine) told me to see it on Wednesday at the VW-dealer 8)
98octaneblood
Getting There!

Post by 98octaneblood »

rsmagee wrote:The interior has changed significantly with the touch based entertainment system being the biggest giveaway.
The new steering wheel is really nice...finally, I grabbed it today for a while.