Where to find Radio code?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
LeeT96
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R R-Line 1.2 TSI 105

Where to find Radio code?

Post by LeeT96 »

Where do I find the code for the radio (RCD310)? I don't have a handbook or a manual with my car would it be on there?

also where is the vagcom/vcds port?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Where to find Radio code?

Post by alexperkins »

Unlikely - most of the new ones have to be requested at your local VW dealership

Above the foot pedals for the VCDS port
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that there is good reasons for VAG doing this, invariably this info is not passed on to next owner, or even retained by many original owners. Also, as modern cars has their ICE incorporated into the dash, thieves should not be bothered with removing them. So, really, in most cases why would you need it, "mother" car will always recognise its own radio, so recover okay after a "battery out" event.

You should get along to a VW garage and ask for them to order in a paperwork pack for your car - while it is still available, you will get charged for this.
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

My Golf MkV would demand a radio code if you disconnected it but running the engine for a few minuets cleared it. Might be worth a try?
Last edited by rsmagee on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

rsmagee wrote:My Gold MkV would demand a radio code if you disconnected it but running the engine for a few minuets cleared it. Might be worth a try?
I'm guessing that the OP is not in this situation yet, and is just being clever and getting prepared for that event, which is why I've suggested buying a paperwork pack for this car - oh and probably include a manual for the ICE is that is not currently included in the main paperwork pack.
cristix21x
New
Drives: polo 2006

Post by cristix21x »

Hello everybody. Recently i changed the battery of my polo 2007 and the radio cd ask me a code.I checked the car papers but i don't find it,but i found a site.I need the serial no to unlock. I removed the radio and my serial number is: VWZ1Z2A1200012. I searched on the internet but did not find any code. While searching I found a site that gives me the radio code. Has anyone used this site? https://radiocodefinder.com/radio-code-volkswagen I'm curious if it's a scam or not because I don't want to be tricked.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

In general, I think that these “code providers” only, for VW Group cars, work for older possibly Philips manufactured, radios supplied to VW Group.

I think that the 2 ways of sorting out the code of a radio from a 2007 car, is either by having the code that came with the radio - but that only works if that radio was bought new, in its box, from a VW dealership, the other way is to be able to read the security code from that radio and pass it into a program that will convert that “value” into a useable security code.

There could still be a 3rd option, but this will only work if that radio was fitted into that car by VW on behalf of it by a VW UK dealership, and you can prove that you own this car.

I’ll admit that maybe back in 2002, I bought an older, but current at that time, Gamma radio it came without a code but I was assured that by “phoning this number” it’s security code could be found - that was a lie! So I bought a “suit of all makes radio security code generator” - that only worked for earlier VW Group radios and many other marques, so that “bought used” VW radio was just fit for spares annoyingly! I only ever made that mistake once.

At least that era of needing to use security codes has passed and we are into CP era and if everything is above board, radios and other protected components can be “sorted out”
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

If its the original radio, turning the ingnition on with the radio turned on should get it out of SAFE mode as the radio is paired to the car