Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: 6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Post by ciclo »

(6R 2015--> = 6C*)
*Online activation required.
nithishsabapathi
New
Drives: Ameo TDI (polo 6r compact sedan!)

Post by nithishsabapathi »

Hello Guys,
Is it possible to enable GRA-High in a 1.5 tdi engine with a continental ECU without the emulator just by modifying ECU firmware?
bender013
New
Drives: up 1.0 tsi

Post by bender013 »

Matmaz wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:47 pm
Pablo f wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 am
iichel wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:39 pm What is the part number of the stalk?

Hello the number is 1K0953513 F
I correct and add photo

Regards
stalk.png
This is the part number of stalk that I have used in my car: 5Z0953513H
But your car is a Up! pepper and if I'm right it must have rain sensor, and because of that you need a different stalk like this 1k5953502k or something similar but with a different connector like as the first part number.
saludos desde argentina! podrá ayudarme a instalar el cruice control??? le dejo mi numero +5493513XXXXXX
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hello bender013, welcome to the forum!
Please do not post personal data publicly, such as the phone number, do it through private messaging.

You probably do not know and have not read some forum rules that I will tell you below:
- This is an English forum so the only language allowed is English (a wonderful language that I recommend learning).
- You need at least 10 posts to be able to send private messages to other members/users.

Please edit the post. Thank you!

---

En castellano (Español):
Bienvenido bender013, por favor, en caso de que sea necesario, utilice un traductor para leer esta/mi publicación. Muchas gracias!
Vag_pro
New
Drives: Polo Trendline 2014

Post by Vag_pro »

Hi Folks,

Even I tried installing CCS on my polo 1.2 MPI and it dosenot work

I got to know that it won't work on Non ABS cars.

:(
kristianvanek
New
Drives: polo 5

Post by kristianvanek »

hi all

anyone that has done a vw up cruise control install still active on this at all?

i am on the up owners group and everyone that was doing it has disappeared.

basically i am stuck with the ecu wiring on my 13 chyb up. i got a kit from kufatec and have installed it all, swapped my bcm to a 087 and programmed it all. i have all the multifunction side working but no cruise control. when my programmer test the switch with measuring blocks in vcds it all seems to work fine as all the buttons and switches have a reading and a full scan shows no faults.

i have installed the wire to pin 29 of the ecu, however i cant seem to get it to lock in, it just goes so far in and bottoms out. on another forum i was looking at it just said to use pliers to pull the black stopper out of the t56a plug to put the wire in with out using any kind of depinning tool. in doing so im not to sure if it has just broken the cap and part is still in there which is stopping me from installing it.

it seems that its no getting a connection to the ecu as even without the wire in the plug everything works the same.

does anyone know what kind of depinning tool i need to do that plug, what would i do to test the signal for that wire to see if it has a connection.

thanks all. kufatec arnt really helping me they just keep responding to my emails telling me to buy there coding dongle which i dont need as it was coded with vcds.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Did you code the ECU as well (byte 5 bit 5)? of you do the wiring correctly, you'll be able to see the terminal from the other side of the plug.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Typically, all ECU connectors have a locking mechanism for the connector itself and other locking mechanisms for the pins, in addition to the typical locking tabs that the pins have.

I am not able to find an explanatory image of that T56 connector on the net.

If necessary, I recommend that you patiently use a magnifying glass and a flashlight to find that pin locking mechanism, it may be necessary to remove any rubber seals if there is one.

In most ECU connectors it is necessary to insert the pin in the correct way, that is to say not to insert it rotated 90º or 180º, they will only engage to the connector in the correct way (take a look at that).
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

1S0973056A (I assume this is the correct connector. They are two T56 connectors for your ECU).

Maybe this is the pin locking mechanism?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Other thoughts based on your comments:

- The first thing is to remove the locking mechanism for the pins/terminals.
If you didn't and tried to remove the plastic terminal/pin (false/dummy/black stopper), you may have broken it.
If this is the case, you will have to use a fine metal wire 'from the other side' to try to extract that possible part that remained inside.
You must take it very easy and do not damage the accommodation, you need the accommodation in perfect condition for the new CCS terminal.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Did you use the correct t56 plug? Since it has two. And did you remove the purple secondary locking tab?
kristianvanek
New

Post by kristianvanek »

Thanks all. I love that thus group is still active.

The kufatech manual says that the coding is only at addres 17 and 9 which we did. So do I still need to code the ecu which they don't list in the manual. That will explain why they keep just saying I need to purchase there coding dongle to get it working.

After looking at it the plug then measuring the depth I have snapped the cap when I pulled it. The kufatech manual says to just insert the wiring with no instructions on how todo so.

I need to know how to disassemble that t56 plug.

Thanks again for the support because I am not getting it from kufatech unfortunately
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok so first code the Address 01 like iichel told you. Remember that you must do it with ignition ON/engine OFF so that it accepts the new coding.

VW connectors are easy to disassemble into parts, you just have to find the 'trick'.
If in the procedure you do, you think you are going to break something or damage the connector, do not continue with that procedure, stop, think, and try in another way, everything must go smooth, without damaging the plastic of the connector.

These types of cheap tools are very effective for these jobs with small terminals:
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1lzvlX5zx ... .jpg_.webp
You can find them on Ali, ... with the most basic and cheap kit it will be enough. I recommend you buy two. :lol:

---
Get rid of any negative thoughts of Kufatec. Enjoy what you do, it will be more fun and enjoyable when you finally get the CCS in your UP!🤗
kristianvanek
New

Post by kristianvanek »

thanks.

I have just managed to get the pin 29 sorted. I did break part of the blank off. so for all that don't know you need to pull the bottom of the connector down and the purple lock in through the side, seems like the bottom coming down exposes the purple lock.

Once I had the wire guide down I could move the silicone gasket that's inside down then I was able to push the broken part down from the front with a pin and grab it from the back with tweezers.

Nothing has changed the cruise light doesn't come on the dash when I flick it. Hopefully I can get that 1 bit coded to the ecu and it will work.