6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Buci
New
Drives: 6R 2011

Re: 6R Cruise Control Retrofit Problems

Post by Buci »

Kratosmr wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:12 am Hi, It was manual from factory. After upgrading the BCM I added the Remote Key (Center Locking works perfectly with Remote Key, Boot Lock also).
Hello Kratosmr,

Can you help me with remote key retrofitt? What manual did you use or a link with instructions for it?

Buci
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Buci wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:18 pm Hello,

I am new in retrofitting on my polo 6R 2011, left hand drive but if can somebody help me with schematic and pins for retrofitting trip computer and crusie control that would be great.
Engine is 1.2 50 kw (70hp). Tenth letter is 'C'. So ciclo if you can help or anybody please do.

I bought the used levers and bcm 937087 and I will change the BCM soon.
Now just to buy vcds and get started.
I will make my own harness but could somebody recomend some links where to buy it from with speedy delivery?

Buci
Hello.

Of course I can help you, although everything you want to do is explained here in the forum.
I wonder what we should understand by "speedy" delivery, what is the range to take into account? Ali type or Ama type? 🤭, if you try to do a cruise control installation as cheaply as possible you can buy the wiring on Aliexpress (cheap doesn't mean bad).

If possible or when possible, please post a current/fresh VCDS autoscan to help you so efficiently that you will undoubtedly think that our help is pure magic. 🧙‍♂️

Btw, is your 6R a bluemotion model?
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:43 pm
Buci wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:18 pm Hello,

I am new in retrofitting on my polo 6R 2011, left hand drive but if can somebody help me with schematic and pins for retrofitting trip computer and crusie control that would be great.
Engine is 1.2 50 kw (70hp). Tenth letter is 'C'. So ciclo if you can help or anybody please do.

I bought the used levers and bcm 937087 and I will change the BCM soon.
Now just to buy vcds and get started.
I will make my own harness but could somebody recomend some links where to buy it from with speedy delivery?

Buci
Hello.

Of course I can help you, although everything you want to do is explained here in the forum.
I wonder what we should understand by "speedy" delivery, what is the range to take into account? Ali type or Ama type? 🤭, if you try to do a cruise control installation as cheaply as possible you can buy the wiring on Aliexpress (cheap doesn't mean bad).

If possible or when possible, please post a current/fresh VCDS autoscan to help you so efficiently that you will undoubtedly think that our help is pure magic. 🧙‍♂️

Btw, is your 6R a bluemotion model?
Thanks ciclo. For autoscan I will buy vcds this days.

Is this the right cabel and version for doing retrofit od bcm and other retrofits?

https://www.njuskalo.hr/ostala-autoopre ... s-42268284

I have account on Aliexp. but i do not see the harness with diode in the harness. So maybe a help from you?

Ciclo no the car is not bluemotion. It is produced in november 2011.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok.

The diode is not necessary, the BCM PQ25 will manage the Voltage in the same way, everything will work fine without it.

E.g.: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286102 ... 1007.40050. 362094.0&scm-url=1007.40050.362094.0&pvid=e3504c46 -8de1-4576-a065-9807a7589037&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.40050.362094.0,pvid:e3504c46-8de1-4576-a065-9807a7589037,tpp_buckets:668 %232846%238111%231996&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21EUR %215.64%215.64%21%21%2143.26%2143.26%21%402103895417045625017288479ef708%2165397261793%21rec%21HR%21140948129%21

HEX-V2 23.3.1 is fine for everything you want to do on your Polo 6R, it's way above what can be coded/adapted on any 6R.

I hope you understand that I am not giving my opinion on 'cloned' VCDS cables...
I think there are currently two versions, until 2017 and from 2017 onwards, it depends on the level of hacking and possibility of updating... in any case, either version is more than enough for a 6R. They are popular and cheaper on Ali and work exactly the same as the genuine/original ones.
Spend as little as possible on the cloned version so you can buy the original version later (make a piggy bank).

For everyone reading this post:
I will always highly recommend the genuine/original VCDS version for all those enthusiasts or workshops who have VW group vehicles nearby or own them, it is infinitely better, more effective and above all cheaper (yes, cheaper) than any circumstance related to cloned cables. The same for other diagnostic tools, although sometimes it is impossible to buy the original tool for sporadic use.🤷‍♂️
That is, if you are going to own a VW group vehicle for several years it is better to have the ORIGINAL. Many people I know for a long time, perhaps most, who had the cloned version ended up buying the original version.

In a while I will post the diagram for your engine.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

CGPA

Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:01 pm CGPA

Thanka Ciclo!

So on the ecu side it is 69 pin. All other number pins are the same as is on this topic?

When you say "cloned" does this mean that I wont be able to set up the bcm or other options, so I must buy the original for that? What is really the bad side if I use that cloned vcds version?

Also regarding the trip computer wires pins numbers are all the same no matter which model of polo 6r it is?

Also can you direct me is there any tutorial/link for 6r remote keyfob retrofit in steps, because I read a lot of topics but no one explained it in usable steps?
I have central locking but with out the remote so that is my next retrofit. After that it will be the radio system ready for the parking senzors retrofit front/back of the car.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Yes, all the other pins for CCS are the same.

The cloned versions of VCDS work the same as the original ones, but as I told you, it depends on the level of hacking and updating. You will be able to do everything you propose.
The super bad side is that you don't reward the super/excellent work that ross-tech does so that we can use/enjoy this magnificent tool in an updated way, which will help you diagnose and repair your car 'forever'.
Ross-tech is constantly working to improve/evolve their tools, ... I invite you to read the incredible work they do in their own forum, you will see that they provide assistance to their customers in everything they can. Without a doubt they deserve the best.
Keep in mind that it is possible that with a single repair you could have more than amortized the tool, and if you read the ross-tech forum you will see that on many occasions users/customers find the solution to their 'problems' there.
VCDS is a very good diagnostic tool that is widespread throughout the planet, many forums with a gigantic number of users, each user with their particular idiosyncrasies... 😄

Yes, the numbering for the wire pins for the trip computer for low instrument clusters is the same for all 6Rs.

I don't know of any tutorials to do an OEM installation of the remote controls. Maybe someone who has done it could help here.
I think it is very easy to do, once you change to BCM High (087), you can add the remote controls you want to the IMMO system, you also have to match them to the BCM. You can do the IMMO part, or everything, at a VW dealership or specialized stores/places. More specialized tools are necessary (VAS-ODIS or etc...).
You may have to add some wire to make everything work properly, you just have to study/make a comparison on the Convenience system diagrams.

It's okay to plan things in advance but I recommend that you do things little by little and step by step. Open threads in the forum separately for each thing you want to do, this thread should be only for the CCS... it is likely that you will receive more help from more forum users, there are real experts/masters/gods of knowledge here.
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:51 pm Yes, all the other pins for CCS are the same.

The cloned versions of VCDS work the same as the original ones, but as I told you, it depends on the level of hacking and updating. You will be able to do everything you propose.
The super bad side is that you don't reward the super/excellent work that ross-tech does so that we can use/enjoy this magnificent tool in an updated way, which will help you diagnose and repair your car 'forever'.
Ross-tech is constantly working to improve/evolve their tools, ... I invite you to read the incredible work they do in their own forum, you will see that they provide assistance to their customers in everything they can. Without a doubt they deserve the best.
Keep in mind that it is possible that with a single repair you could have more than amortized the tool, and if you read the ross-tech forum you will see that on many occasions users/customers find the solution to their 'problems' there.
VCDS is a very good diagnostic tool that is widespread throughout the planet, many forums with a gigantic number of users, each user with their particular idiosyncrasies... 😄

Yes, the numbering for the wire pins for the trip computer for low instrument clusters is the same for all 6Rs.

I don't know of any tutorials to do an OEM installation of the remote controls. Maybe someone who has done it could help here.
I think it is very easy to do, once you change to BCM High (087), you can add the remote controls you want to the IMMO system, you also have to match them to the BCM. You can do the IMMO part, or everything, at a VW dealership or specialized stores/places. More specialized tools are necessary (VAS-ODIS or etc...).
You may have to add some wire to make everything work properly, you just have to study/make a comparison on the Convenience system diagrams.

It's okay to plan things in advance but I recommend that you do things little by little and step by step. Open threads in the forum separately for each thing you want to do, this thread should be only for the CCS... it is likely that you will receive more help from more forum users, there are real experts/masters/gods of knowledge here.
Thanks for your effort and explanation regarding vcds. I am not a profesional so I will stay with a clone (it is cheaper :)).
I will use it on one car and that is it. Regarding the wiring for cruise control thanks for the link, but I tried to get it faster from Germany and this company cufatec said that they have cables prepared only for cars without DIS. Is that

What do they mean? Is there any need for the extra cables in cars with DIS? How can a car without DIS (MFD) be retrofitted with cruise control? I mean I have a midline cluster I think, so any wiring from aliex. will do for Polo 6r, right? But some sellers sell wiring on EU pages for cars with DIS and without DIS? But I do not understand the diffrence!

Regarding the cables for trip computer I tried to make a new post but I do not kmow how?!? Also when I input the search on aliexp. nothing comes? What do I need to enter for that wiring?

Thanks again.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The wiring for CCS is the same for any 6R regardless of the IC model installed (except ECU pin/terminal).

I assume that what they are referring to is the option of purchasing the complete wiring (CCS + TComp) with the combination steering switch (stalks) with buttons on the right stalk for the Trip computer/MFD and thus also operating those buttons.

The 6 terminals for those three MFD/TComp wires are MQS.
viewtopic.php?t=65096 (simple and easy).
I think there was a video on YouTube... in another similar language.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:10 pm The wiring for CCS is the same for any 6R regardless of the IC model installed (except ECU pin/terminal).

I assume that what they are referring to is the option of purchasing the complete wiring (CCS + TComp) with the combination steering switch (stalks) with buttons on the right stalk for the Trip computer/MFD and thus also operating those buttons.

The 6 terminals for those three MFD/TComp wires are MQS.
viewtopic.php?t=65096 (simple and easy).
I think there was a video on YouTube... in another similar language.
Thanks. Maybe I can try to make the harness mayself but when I calculate wiring, terminals, crimping tool (can you propose which crimp tool is the best buy) and shiping is it worth it? It is weird that I do not find any link for cables for trip computer..hmm
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

When I look the pictures for both last links stalks look the same. They both have trip computer on the right stalk so I still do not see rhe diffrence but never mind. Used stalks arrived. Vcds in two days i here. So I am starting yes...first bcm change. Then the remote, then stalks. Thanks again.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Yes, the kufatec image is not accurate for those stalks. I guess the contractual thing is what is written in the description.
They will have to improve. Nowadays with smartphones, with people's zero or almost non-existent ability to concentrate (maximum 3 seconds in images 🐟 :lol:) and the lack of reading, they will have to be more precise in the images.

As the god in the 'manual' manufacture of automotive wiring looms :mrgreen:, the best thing I can recommend to you due to your circumstances is that you buy the Kufatec looms.
It is necessary to be 'expert', to have good knowledge of contact terminals and connectors, and extensive experience in handling crimping tools to manually manufacture wiring looms in a perfect way.

However, since you will have to crimp the correct terminal on the wire that reaches the ECU, I suggest this tool:

PA-21 :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYW3GLQax4

It will serve you for 70% of the contact-terminals/pins in your car. I suppose you can find it on the usual web shopping sites.

For me it is perfect, for those who do not have skills in these things they will say that it is garbage because they have others that cost hundreds of euros but that in reality are the same garbage for the same inept ones (comment dedicated to a past user who was unpleasant after my totally altruistic recommendation 🤭).

The terminal needs to be crimped to the wire as perfectly as possible, or you will then have problems inserting/removing it from the plastic connectors, and this is something you should avoid as much as possible, especially on the ECU connector.
Just imagine having to remove all the wires from a damaged ECU connector and reinsert them into a new connector (I'm sure some people would take their car to the scrap yard before thinking about having to do such a job).
Buci
New

Post by Buci »

ciclo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:29 pm Yes, the kufatec image is not accurate for those stalks. I guess the contractual thing is what is written in the description.
They will have to improve. Nowadays with smartphones, with people's zero or almost non-existent ability to concentrate (maximum 3 seconds in images 🐟 :lol:) and the lack of reading, they will have to be more precise in the images.

As the god in the 'manual' manufacture of automotive wiring looms :mrgreen:, the best thing I can recommend to you due to your circumstances is that you buy the Kufatec looms.
It is necessary to be 'expert', to have good knowledge of contact terminals and connectors, and extensive experience in handling crimping tools to manually manufacture wiring looms in a perfect way.

However, since you will have to crimp the correct terminal on the wire that reaches the ECU, I suggest this tool:

PA-21 :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYW3GLQax4

It will serve you for 70% of the contact-terminals/pins in your car. I suppose you can find it on the usual web shopping sites.

For me it is perfect, for those who do not have skills in these things they will say that it is garbage because they have others that cost hundreds of euros but that in reality are the same garbage for the same inept ones (comment dedicated to a past user who was unpleasant after my totally altruistic recommendation 🤭).

The terminal needs to be crimped to the wire as perfectly as possible, or you will then have problems inserting/removing it from the plastic connectors, and this is something you should avoid as much as possible, especially on the ECU connector.
Just imagine having to remove all the wires from a damaged ECU connector and reinsert them into a new connector (I'm sure some people would take their car to the scrap yard before thinking about having to do such a job).
Thanks again. I think I will try crimping myself if I can find wires in 0.5 mm2 on a domestic shops. (If I must crimp one for Ecu I will learn to be "expert")
I see in the diagram that there are some 0.35mm2 wires. Can I use for all terminals 0.5mm2. It is easier to find here in Croatia shops?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I'd suggest 0,35mm2 where specified. Makes fitting the wires a lot easier into the connector