MK 2 Bushes??

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
polokris
Silver Member

MK 2 Bushes??

Post by polokris »

i jus got sum supaflex bushes, but they come as a whole thingy, do i have tio cut them, liek the ones im takin off? coz ova wise how the hell do u fit them? :cry:
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

which bushes are they? the anti roll bar or track control arm?

the anti roll bar ones should have a cut along the length of them that allows you to open them up & push them on.

track control arm ones:

mine are powerflex ones which come in 2 halfs with a metal collar to push through. dead easy to fit just push the 2 halfs in,

but VAG ones need to be pushed in with a press. so it sounds like the ones you've bought are like that as well. you'll have to take the track control arms to a garage with a press & get them to press them in. luckily, you'll no doubt be able to get them to press the old bushes out as they're a right pain to do.

I used a vice with 2 sockets to push mine out but it takes ages.
polokris
Silver Member

Post by polokris »

They are anti roll bar bushes, the old ones came out easy, and have a split down the length of them, so you can take them off the bar. Is it safe to cut the ones i have just got? They are super flex ones and are exactly the same shape but without the cut down the length.

Thanks, Kris.
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

weird. well my powerflex ones just had the cut in them as the originals did. So I'd say you'd be fine making a new cut in the new bushes.

In fact I dont think you'll do it any other way. The only alternative would be to remove the ARB completely & slide the bushes on from the ends but I get see them going round the bends in the bar as some of them are tight bends.