Calling all Polo GT owners - wiring!! Please help!!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
matt1471
New

Calling all Polo GT owners - wiring!! Please help!!

Post by matt1471 »

im trying to put a Polo GT (1.3 with MPi) into a Mk1 golf.

the engines in but, i need to connect the Fuel pumps to the relay, and the ECU to the ignition somewhere!!

So, where abouts off the ECU loom does the fuel pump connect?? i cant find the red/yellow wire that would do this. Also, surely i need to connect the ECU loom to the ignition control?? where abouts does this happen??

in the bulkhead side of the loom (where the ECU lives), i have a plug with three wires going into it - is this the ignition control??

Lastly, on the ignition coil, there is a plug ON it and plug to the SIDE of it. Both plugs are on the loom and one of the serves the coil, the other does what??

many thanks if you can help.

matt
lightingflea@hotmail.com
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Hi matt,

Do you have the relays for the ecu and fuel pump that sit next to the ecu ?

Yeah, there is a plug on the coil and one next to it, I cant quite remember where they go, but will have a look for you.
matt1471
New

Post by matt1471 »

hardhitter,

yeah the relays sit next to the ECU.

one of the plugs goes onto the coil, im now guessing that the other plug will connect up to the original wires that were on the coil in the 1.1??

can u confirm this??

ur help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks,
matt
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Just been outside for a look.

The connector plug for the coil has 3 wires; brown, black with a green stripe and black.

Next to the coil on the little bracket, there is a connector on top with 3 wires; black, red with a black stripe and brown. This connects to the plug underneath (which is on the bracket) the three wire colours are; black, green and brown.

The male and female plugs next to the coil are part of the engine wiring loom and I cant see where they there as they dont connect to anything else apart from each other.

HTH
matt1471
New

Post by matt1471 »

yeah, that kinda helps.

im guessing the wires on the side of the coil and the ignition switch stuff!

have a got a Polo GT then?? also, can u tell me how many wires the Lambda sensor has going to it?? (on the exhaust pipe)

thanks, again can you find out for me where the fuel pump connets to the ECU loom. i have a plug with three wires on it - red/yellow, yellow/white and another(which i cant rememeber), is the red/yellow one for the fuel pumps??

thanks.
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Yeah, I've got a GT.

The Lambda probe has four wires, two white (heater), brown (earth) and black (signal). The plug the lambda probe connects to in the loom has different colours for these wires.