arm rest & gearlever

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JGriff
New
Drives: Polo GTi 6C (2016)

arm rest & gearlever

Post by JGriff »

When my GTi was delivered, it didn't have an armrest, and the dealer told me it would be £800:00p to fit one, so I bought one on ebay, and recovered it in Alcantara
The armrest (GTi type with cup holder) took 1/2 and hour to fit - 4 bolts and two screws, don't believe all this tosh about six hours, its really easy
The 'gear knob' is the Golf GTi Clubsport version in Alcantara with the red highlights, and both together I think fit better with the Alcantara trim, but its only my personal view.

[imgImage][/img]
TestedOnMonkeys
New
Drives: 6R R-Line 1.2 TSI 105

Re: arm rest & gearlever

Post by TestedOnMonkeys »

Hey,

Where did you get the gear nob from? Do you have a close up picture?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JGriff
New

Post by JGriff »

[urlImage][/url]

left hand drive Golf GTi Clubsport alcantara gear lever and surround from **ay Germany (£79 delivered), and a separate aluminium 'DSG' central cover that I already had.

Should have added if you double left click on the photo's they will zoom in
green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

Looks very nice mate, now replace those Polo rubber pads with a set of GTI ones! :wink:

I wonder if the manual version (5G1711113F) will fit the manual Polo GTI... Hrm...
JGriff
New

Post by JGriff »

Yes the manual version is interchangeable. I gave the original standard mats to the father in law, the new ones are carpet, and much better quality
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Not the mats, it is the pedal covers he is talking about!
JGriff
New

Post by JGriff »

Not a big fan of 'GTi' being all over the place, I quite like understated, that's why I picked standard 'Polo' rubber mats (if I could have got them with no name I would have done) and I didn't put any badging at all on the replacement carpet mats for the same reason.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I quite agree about badged up mats, our last two VWs were imported from NL so came with normal carpet mats on top of the base carpet, but I bought a pair of rubber mats for both of them and they ended up being just placed on of the carpet top mats so a bit of a waste of money and on my Passat they cut through the base carpet as silly VW did not produce rubber mats for RHD B5 Passat 4Motion!!

When I bought my Audi S4 secondhand at 2.5 years old, by the time I viewed it, it seemed to have lost one of the front carpets - so I made it a condition of sale that the carpet mats were taken out and replaced with rubber mats - when we ordered the Polo SEL for my wife, I left it to chance to see if it accidentally came with carpet mats, when it didn't, again I just grabbed a full set of VW rubber mats - easier to keep the car dry in nasty weather!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I also have swapped out my front carpet mats for VW rubber mats. IMO, much more practical during the wet winter months and, unlike the carpet mats that came with the car, the rubber mats are hard wearing too. A quick wipe over when I clean the car and they're as good as new.
PoloBlueGT
Bronze Member
Drives: Landrover Freelander

Post by PoloBlueGT »

Where did you get the armrest from and would it fit a Blue GT :D
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

you could get a second hand one on ebay or whatever you use, that's how i usually buy or sell those.
a new one could come from ebay/dealer as well, or an aftermarket from the internet
JGriff
New

Post by JGriff »

arm rest from ebay, lid recovered by my local trimmer in alcantara, and yes it will fit a gt, very easy job to do