Removal of turbo pipe.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Re: Removal of turbo pipe.

Post by wolfie »

chrispy. wrote:Wow!! That is some research!

I will take a deeper look into this as like I said, i get the loud noise on start up, and have found my consumption has worsened since owning the car.

This is my next project to sort out. Might give VW a ring tomorrow and see what they suggest. However, the research you have here is GOLD! Thank you so much.
LOL good luck with that. I emailed VW about 4 weeks back (via their contact page on their site, see below) Up to now I've not received a reply, even though they claim to try and answer within a couple of days. I just wanted to test the water, so to speak.

"I currently own a VW Polo which was purchased new in 2011. The car has a full VW service history and has only covered 22400 miles from new.

Occasionally when I start the vehicle from cold, there is a prolonged rasp-type noise which disappears after a few seconds. After a little investigating it would appear that my vehicle may possibly fall into a batch of vehicles that were fitted with defective cam chains during manufacture. The chains appear to be susceptible to premature elongation/wear that can lead to catastrophic engine damage at quite modest mileages. As such there is a service bulletin relating to the fitting of updated and improved components.

Can you confirm whether my vehicle falls within the range of affected vehicles?

The vehicle is obviously outside the manufacturer’s warranty period; however it would appear to be a case that the vehicles were manufactured with sub-standard components that were not fit for purpose.

As such would there be a charge involved to have my vehicle checked with a view to preventing possible damage?

VW Polo, registration No. XXXXX
VIN WVWZZZ6RZXXXXXX
Engine Number CBZ0XXXXX"

Let me know what they say. Do you know what year and month your car was built?
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

Oh I wasn't expecting it to be easy :) however I am very persistent :)

Nice email though! May have to pinch the wording for my own ;)

My car was built pre-2011. Registered 12th March 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Post by wolfie »

chrispy. wrote:Oh I wasn't expecting it to be easy :) however I am very persistent :)

Nice email though! May have to pinch the wording for my own ;)

My car was built pre-2011. Registered 12th March 2011.
Yeah, no worries. I've re-sent it this morning and mentioned it's second time I've asked the question. The cynic in me thinks they will be reluctant to answer the email directly as that will mean they have to put the answer in writing.

Mine was registered April 2011. Not sure about the actual build date (there must be a way to work it out???) Is yours a 3dr or a 5dr?

Good luck with it anyway, let me know if you get anywhere.. :)
AdamBeatoan
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 2010

Post by AdamBeatoan »

I have the same problem with the turbo hose, where can I order the new hose and rubber seal?
Any links or direction would be greatly appreciated! :D
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Do you mean the crankcase purging valve and pipe, if so, get your local VW dealer to order one in for you.
s7JPU
New
Drives: 2014 VW Polo 1.2 tsi

Post by s7JPU »

Hi, there I've just bought an MST Turbo elbow for my 1.2tsi polo and can't get the two torque screws off. I don't have anything small enough to get at the first screw and I believe the other screw is rounded off which helps a lot.
I'm just having a bit of trouble and wondering if anyone could help.
cheers.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Hmm maybe grind a slot in the bolt and use a flat head screwdriver, and first tapp it on. Soak the bolt with wd-40 day before.
You could try using locking head pliers

grind/ cut in with hack saw blade if you dont have access to power tools.

You could also use a punch and hammer and punh on the end on the angle in clockwise direction.

Worse case drill it out and use a bolt extractor.

The easiest solution to stripped bolt heads or broken ones is to weld a nut to them with mig welder.