Introducing my Lightning McQueen LM95

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Cruzor
New
Drives: VENTO 1.5TDI

Re: Introducing my Lightning McQueen LM95

Post by Cruzor »

Also in addition to existing angled aux cable got this angled USB cable.

It is 9" odd long. So iPhone can be put upside down in compartment under climate control.
Just a precaution to avoid any damage.
One of the best upgrades. In this day and age, CarPlay/android auto is a must.

Could you share the brand of this angled usb cable? Or where you got it from? I am not finding any with downwards cable direction like yours.

Also I would like to entice you into wireless CarPlay/android auto :D. For ~$40 USD Using a carlinkit 5.0 air2 it is working perfectly. Been using one for 3 months now and there is no trouble with latency or disconnections. Calls and music work as usual too. It is on another level of comfort. For charging you can use 12v, it is faster also.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Cruzor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:57 am Also I would like to entice you into wireless CarPlay/android auto :D. For ~$40 USD Using a carlinkit 5.0 air2 it is working perfectly. Been using one for 3 months now and there is no trouble with latency or disconnections. Calls and music work as usual too. It is on another level of comfort. For charging you can use 12v, it is faster also.
Thanks for the advice.
Do you know of any other wireless adapter for CarPlay/Android Auto 'that is the best currently sold' regardless of the price?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I'm using the Wireless AA on both my cars and it's been working spot on ever since.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Yes, I once used the AA just to test the operation in the Golf, so I have no experience in these matters.
My father, who does very strange things 🤭, asks me for advice on an old car he bought in which only cable connection is possible.
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

Cruzor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:57 am
Could you share the brand of this angled usb cable? Or where you got it from? I am not finding any with downwards cable direction like yours.
Brand -- Calandis
Name -- CALANDIS Data Sync 90 Degree USB 3.0 Down Angle Adapter Cable Male A to Female A Connector for Computer USB Extension | PVC Cover | 1 Piece USB Extension Cable
Packing -- Came in transparent plastic zip lock.
Link -- https://www.amazon.in/CALANDIS-Adapter- ... 173&sr=1-1
Link -- https://www.amazon.in/Cablecc-Female-Ex ... 85&sr=1-11

When i bought it said -- only one available and fulfilled by amazon.
Check "See All Buying Options" -- there is one seller.
Cruzor
New
Drives: VENTO 1.5TDI

Post by Cruzor »

ag69 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm Brand -- Calandis
Name -- CALANDIS Data Sync 90 Degree USB 3.0 Down Angle Adapter Cable Male A to Female A Connector for Computer USB Extension | PVC Cover | 1 Piece USB Extension Cable
Packing -- Came in transparent plastic zip lock.
Link -- https://www.amazon.in/CALANDIS-Adapter- ... 173&sr=1-1
Link -- https://www.amazon.in/Cablecc-Female-Ex ... 85&sr=1-11

When i bought it said -- only one available and fulfilled by amazon.
Check "See All Buying Options" -- there is one seller.
Thank you for the links. I might buy the same one. Hoping it works well.
ciclo wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:03 am Thanks for the advice.
Do you know of any other wireless adapter for CarPlay/Android Auto 'that is the best currently sold' regardless of the price?
Hopefully this is helpful, sorry I don’t have a definitive answer for you.

It is very difficult to find genuine long term reviews for these types of adapters, as they are based on the same “brains” and sold under multiple brands. And these youtubers who get it for free only praised it :shock:. For my decision, I saw this detailed text review and this video review.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vr ... BOB4tE/pub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq63rmNpsIw

After seeing the video demo I was convinced it is good for my dad, who also had requested wireless connection if possible :mrgreen: . I also had to buy a 12v USB charger and short cable to charge devices as this car only has one USB port :|.
I can only speak for my adapter, the 5.0 is their best(latest) model. We recently went on a ~1200km road trip and had no problems with music, maps, calls and even YouTube(with modded phone) :D .So I can say long duration trips there is good reliability.

There are things called tbox/AI box which runs android and with wireless it also lets you use YouTube/Netflix and others. They are again more expensive but I am not sure if they are better. This channel has videos of these kinds of adapters.
https://www.youtube.com/@CarPlayLife/videos

Edit- original google docs link added
Last edited by Cruzor on Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ag69
Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Bit busy so just replied to whatever question that were asked. Thank you everyone for your appraise to radio.

As some of you may know, I was searching for this music system for quite some time. VW was offering this at around 45,000 INR ie around 450 GBP/ 500 Euro / 550 USD. Though the value is high -- dealing with VW Dealer policy/procedure/mood is equally costly.

Hence I kept searching on olx and till date I had 12 odd devices found and tried to communicate with seller.
Only few of them were aware about Anti Theft Code. Some of them had user manuals. Some knew user manual had hand written code. I kept requesting for photo from top of player and collated all the details.
Only two players for which I have code. So was also figuring if we can get Anti Theft code from these information.

Confession -- I was fooled by a seller -- sending different images (of player) and video. Also paid him but got nothing in return.

Moved on and found this one.
Here it is information gathered for fun.

RCD330plus sells firmware @ 20 Euros odd and I was told it would work on player for which we don't have code. It would set it to 0000.

For those who have this player -- what is maximum sized SD card they tried and it is working?

I tried 8GB FAT32 (microsd card in adapter) and it works.
Tried 32GB FAT32 (microSDHC card in adapter) and got "Device Error" -- using Windows and Linux to format but get error.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thank you both very much for all this expanded information. Thank you for your effort! 8)
It has been very useful to me 👌 and I suppose it will be for many others as well.
ag69
Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Welcome Ciclo.

As shared before I was trying to get larger capacity memory card to work on car stereo.
However windows native format and gparted on ubuntu did not help. 32GB microSDHC card, 32GB SDHC card and 64GB micosdxc card none were recognized.
They would be recognized and accessible from computer -- windows, linux and mac.
8GB cards were working without any fuzz.

Finally Rufus (on Windows 10 laptop) helped me.
Here are setting used

All 3 cards are detected and playing songs :D
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

👏 :)

🙏