What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Chivvyp
New
Drives: 2020 gti

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by Chivvyp »

Went for a drive to clear the gpf, had to drive 10 miles to get somewhere where I could legally drive at over 50mph!
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Fitted Maxton v3 front splitter

javascript detect screen resolution
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Well today I ordered a new Polo, PCP coming to an end on the grey GTI + . I have gone for a Reef blue with black roof . The car is already built and in transit from South Africa. A factory order is a 10 month wait ! So have decided to go with a car that my dealer already has in the pipeline. I am hoping the 18 inch wheels aren’t too bumpy a ride . They seem to be preferred by prospective customers so sales people are ordering them instead of 17 inch. The car has rear camera and Art velour heated seats which my wife will like !
I hope the new car will be as enjoyable as the old one , interested to see what the 7 speed box is like !
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

ad_182_uk wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:38 pm Fitted Maxton v3 front splitter

javascript detect screen resolution
Where did you
Find the coloured badges ? I have the same colour car
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Its wrapped glossed black with a reef blue VW silouhette overlay. I had to get them from a guy in the netherlands off instagram.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yesterday, took my 2020 Polo GTI+ for its annual trip back to the dealership for its third service, first MOT (it passed with no advisories) and first brake fluid change. The dealership had a special offer on the MOT price at £27.42 and they were also doing a ‘bundled’ special offer on brake fluid change and air con service at £149 for the two. The air con service normally costs £149 and brake fluid change £78 so at £149 for both that effectively reduced the price of the air con service to £71.

In the past when the dealer’s tried to upsell me the air con service I’ve politely declined. However, as they had an offer on the price I wanted to see what difference (if any) it would make to the air con’s effectiveness as I’ve always considered its cooling effect to be adequate rather than very good. I’m happy to report that it does seem to have made a noticeable improvement.

I had a 1.0 litre 6 speed manual T-Roc Style as a courtesy car. I quite liked it; the higher up driving position was quite nice and the alcantara seats were more comfy than the seats in my GTI+. The big downside for me was the lacklustre performance from a 1.0 litre engine (I think it was the 110ps version) in quite a heavy car. It was also not much better than my GTI+ on fuel economy either; that’s the penalty of a small engine having to work hard in a larger, heavier car than my Polo GTI+. It would have been nice if I’d had a T-Roc R for the day, although that would be wishful thinking! 😈🙂

Here’s the T-Roc;

ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Racingline carbon rear body brace. Nice piece of kit. Had to spend a while filing down the drivers side rear seat retaining fixing due to a blob of weld stopping the brace’s alu billet joiners from going on, but got there eventually.

Also went for their coilpacks which are a supposed upgrade. Bit of red in the engine bay to then be hidden by the engine cover 😅🥲.

Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Post by Maarten »

IMG_20230507_191420.jpg
IMG_20230507_191420.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 6245 times
Just took a nice picture :mrgreen:
Grumpyolman
New
Drives: 2017 Polo 1.0 TSI SEL

Post by Grumpyolman »

Teee wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm Today I installed a under seat storage box it’s originally from a Audi a1 or seat Arona & possibly other cars. after a bit of digging around I came to realise the metal structures/skeleton under the seats on these cars are the same but the foam cushions are different. The box is Probably not as big as I’d like but it’s better then nothing. Overall I’m happy to have extra storage to keep things out of site.

EEC6BF7A-A8A7-4893-ADAA-D9078B1414EF.jpeg

Hi Tee,

Just read this. What model of Polo do you have?
Interested to see if this will fit my GTI AW pre facelift.
Was it an easy fit?

72E01557-FF2C-4C16-95AF-5492A4BF516D.jpeg

Images below are from car wows review of the seat arona.

181FE3E2-9CB7-4A46-9C9C-C3C01E1604AE.png

CA048471-6553-4C93-A0A4-4E94F9C24A2F.png

Part numbers:

Storage box : 81A8826024PK
Speed nut : N90088003 (x2 pcs)
Oval Hexagon Socket Head Bolt : N90737101 (x2 pcs)

I have spare nuts(8) and bolts(8) as it worked out cheaper to buy as a pack of 10 so if anyone is interested in doing this retrofit pm me I’ll send them out for free as I have no use for them. (Uk only)
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Grumpyolman wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm
Teee wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm Today I installed a under seat storage box it’s originally from a Audi a1 or seat Arona & possibly other cars. after a bit of digging around I came to realise the metal structures/skeleton under the seats on these cars are the same but the foam cushions are different. The box is Probably not as big as I’d like but it’s better then nothing. Overall I’m happy to have extra storage to keep things out of site.
Hi Tee,

Was it an easy fit?
@Teee’s forum signature details (top right corner of each forum member’s posts) shows their car as a Polo GTI+ which is a pre-facelift (AW) model.

IMG_0320.jpeg
IMG_0320.jpeg (11.19 KiB) Viewed 6066 times
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

Grumpyolman wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:00 pm

EEC6BF7A-A8A7-4893-ADAA-D9078B1414EF.jpeg

Hi Tee,

Was it an easy fit?

I have a polo gti + 2019 & fitting was pretty straightforward only part that was a bit fiddly was one of the bolts isn’t easy to access, I’ve circled it in red in the picture below. The area circled in green just hook on underneath the seat. Hope this is some help all the best.
Attachments
IMG_4849.jpeg
IMG_4849.jpeg (342.82 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

Hardly ground breaking but I fitted TSI Lettering to the rear hatch today

I love the front design of the front of the AW Polos but the rear is very plain and the small polo badge is lost on my silver metallic paintwork, too.. it is just an expanse of metal (the hatch that is) I know i'm not going to the expense of spoilers and diffusers etc. I just thought of fitting something appropriate (meaning real) to balance things up a tad and a distraction for the eyes.

Ironically it wasn't going to be easy; as anything not level or not matched with the existing badge would just look like an eyesore. I have a laser level (fortunately) so that bit was easier. I taped a plastic ruler to the laser line and made sure to use the bottom edges of the letter for level as the letters are italic/slanted and I wanted to keep the distance between the letters the same as well.
Screenshot 2023-10-05 105857.png
Screenshot 2023-10-05 105857.png (854.51 KiB) Viewed 5038 times

anyway it was a cheap project and my Polo does have a TSI engine :D :D
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

grazuncle2 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:57 am
anyway it was a cheap project and my Polo does have a TSI engine :D :D
Here in South Africa the model just below the GTI is fitted with the same TSI badge you fitted to your vehicle. Is that not the case there in the UK?
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

Interesting.

In
I've not seen many badges on polos.. See a few with the small and slim rectangular bluemotion badge

Perhaps others will know better?
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I've always thought that were VW supply a car with 2 power outputs from the same engine design/size, why don't they make the "I" red in the higher powered output cars.

I keep meaning to check which Golfs use the red "I" to see if that is the way it is done to Golfs.

My only issue with a car having a red "I" fitted to it after it has been sold new is, most insurance companies would make the point that it is making it more attractive to "nasty" people, and so the risk is increased.

Edit:- maybe you can see where this is going, ie if I hadn't had that insurance issue thought, I'd think that my wife's 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI would by now have a red "I" !