Restoring lost abs long code with new vcds hex v2 pro

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Glen
Getting There!
Drives: Vw polo 6r 1600tdi

Re: Restoring lost abs long code with new vcds hex v2 pro

Post by Glen »

please accept my apologies for your spent time. maybe it's one of those that can't be recoded. my software is up to date , it's on v17.8. plan b is maybe for me to try resolder the wires on the original circuit board if i can get the solder to take. I heard that in Russia they use seartic acid on that circuit board for the solder to take. plan c to ask you to source one for me in Europe and code it there. thank you again for all your help. I will just have to keep this pump as spare for the mechanical part if it won't code, I can't send it back to the UK, the shipping cost more than the pump on Ebay. these difficulties have now sparked a desire in me to learn more and find solutions .if the mechanic with m60ec1 comes back to me tomorrow,I will attempt to help him with the information you provided and report back to you.the one code was accepted, I will attempt the refinements to extinguish the lights. tomorrow morning I will try all those codes again.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Very good, thank you for reporting back. I can source one from europe, but be aware that shipping and customs and import duties will probably spoil the price a bit.

No need to apologise.. it's a bit of hobby, a bit of fun. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

thank you. I have imported quite a lot of devilbiss sprayguns and anest iwata and other tools from the US and even car parts, I am aware of the customs and import duties. while i work on plan b , please find out the price of a used pump and shipping costs to Johannesburg, South Africa, area code 1709, customs I will deal with here. I will go rest and tomorrow try again.
iichel

Post by iichel »

So with DHL, a small parcel without track/trace is 16 euros up to 2kg, up to 5kg it's 46 euros and does have tracking.
https://www.dhl.de/en/paket/preise/prei ... ional.html

Sending from the Netherlands will be 35 euros, 2-5kgs with track/trace
The Swiss post is out of their minds, asking over 200 Swiss Francs.

There might be some other shippers, but I can't find them quickly.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

the only 2 options for shipping would be the 35 and 46 euros, I need that pump like yesterday and its best if it has a tracking number. what is the cost of the abs pump?
iichel

Post by iichel »

I'd reckon about 100 euros including the shipping to Germany. Some are a bit more expensive, some a bit less but have some damage on the connector socket etc. The aiming price for all the big companies is about 90 euros and 10 for the shipping.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

I am not in Germany, it's johannesburg South Africa. Scratches and scrapes on the module are not a problem and just as long as the wiring harness plug is able to clip in place, and just as long as it works. I will attempt plan b starting tomorrow, if that fails, I will contact you on your email address to ask for an account to do an EFT payment into.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Yes I understand, but most sellers only ship to Germany. So I'll have to ship it to myself first and then ship it to South Africa ;)
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

Ok, I understand. I will get back to you after trying plan b.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

hi , Iichel, thank you a million times over again. this abs long code - 163B600D09220803680C06EC901D1081300000 ( byte 6 changed to 08) was accepted on the golf 5 gti and the lights were able to switch off. I took a rest and went to help the vw mechanic today only. now i am busy with the numbers you generated for the polo 6r . I am going to go through the wiring to see if there is not something else causing the coding to be rejected. I doubt there is really any wiring problem , but I am just going to go through it any way. If you have managed to come up with another code that I could try please share it. prior to coming to you for help with the first polo 6r, it was also rejecting codes including the original code , until you came up with the right code on you first attempt. I want to try for the rest of the week and see if it won't eventually take.the abs pump in the gti was a used pump from a tiguan.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

hi , would you by any chance have an esp long code for polo 6r from a UK car in your data base for sw component 6r0907379ak and hw component 6r0907379af. since the abs module is a used part from a UK car, I was thinking of just accomodating the the last six digits 014294 of my vin into the base code and trying again.
iichel

Post by iichel »

No, that wouldn't work. In fact, we did that already. The polo from the UK is a hatchback, and you have a sedan. Those two are different.
If you're lucky, it could work with a Polo sedan with any ESP8.2i (so not 9.0i or ABS8.2) from India AND change byte 15 to '82'.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

thanks. I know you a professor on the abs coding subject and have helped me code two cars already. i am trying to figure out why this one is rejecting all the codes. i need to come up with some solution otherwise I can't sell the car. I read somewhere that vag can pro is best for abs coding where the vin is part of the code and i have the new original hex v2 pro.
iichel

Post by iichel »

To be honest, I don't know the capabilities of VCP with Bosch ESP8.2i.
There are some tools available like ESPCalculator.

The most well known ABS unit by far is the MK60EC1, that has been fitted to most of the Golf 5 and Golf 6 based cars for close to 10 years I'd guess. For that, there's quite a lot of knowledge and even some code generators that don't always work very well. I only use them to quickly identify the bytes for the VIN, to be honest.
Every MK60EC1 has about 20 cars that it should work in, for many markets (VW ROW, Audi ROW, NAR etc etc) so it's becoming almost exponentially complex to calculate the codes.

What I've done as not a professor of ABS but a PhD in data analysis is to make what's called a neural network and feed it a lot of data. You tell them what kind of car, what kind of market, what kind of engine, all the data you can find. And fortunately there is a lot of data that can be found , you simply put "MK60EC1 VCDS" in google and there is your data. Then you devise some kind of clever algorithm to retrieve all the data you need from the autoscans and run the program. Advantage: very cool. Disadvantage: not all info is available from autoscan (i.e. physical stuff like ESP button, brake size). You're also limited by the availability of the data. If you can't find some data about where the car is located, you can't find a byte for it.
At a certain point you'll end up with a very comprehensive list of 'descriptions' for all the bytes. Put them all together and you have your new code.
That is more or less the 'cool' way to do it and that's how I devised the first two codes.
I like this method a lot since it's more interesting and I like a data driven approach more above a trial and error approach.

There is a much more simpler way that you can try and this is where you make 'clever' people like me looking like an idiot.
What you do is you simply use the power of google to find your cars twin brother. And then its autoscan. Just put something like 'CLNA VCDS' into google and see what pops up.
There are a few reference scans available, take one with also the ESP8.2i and then simply substitute the VIN bytes. Try. Adjust. Repeat.
That's how we've been busy now on the third module.
Find a code, replace bytes 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 with the VIN and try it. If it fails, make small adjustments on what we know from method 1.
It's not as elegant as the first method but it simply works very well.

I believe the problem that we run into, is that we don't know the bytes 0 (and 8) and maybe 1 for a Polo Sedan RHD in South Africa.
I've tried '23' '51' and '63' for byte 0 and its inverse for byte 8 but that didn't work out. At this point we're really at trial and error, unfortunately.

Some causes can be that the module is defective, short in the wiring, blown fuse but I don't suspect this to be the problem. But it's difficult to judge from a distance.
Glen
Getting There!

Post by Glen »

I have asked the guy at vw to get a long code from a 1600tdi sedan model for me. something else I am thinking of doing is removing the instrument cluster,ecu and unplugging the abs module in the hatchback polo that accepted the coding and then plugging the ecu,cluster and abs pump from the sedan model into the hatch back and retrying all those codes ,of course with the sedan key. I would just plug the sedan models abs pump into the other car without hooking up the hydraulic parts .any thoughts on this idea. I noticed on the battery fuse holder the hatchback has 5 fuses and the sedan 3 maybe the wiring is different because the sedan had the basic 6ru614517a pump. I have the utmost faith that your codes are correct and some thing else may be the cause of the codes being rejected.