alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 6n2 polo cuts out when driving

Post by alexperkins »

Glad its sorted :)
Serapp
New
Drives: Polo 6n2 1.4MPI 60HP, engine AUD, 2001.

Re: 6n2 polo cuts out when driving

Post by Serapp »

Finleye2000 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:22 pm Annoyingly the garage I went to didn’t give me the codes before they erased them. One was for the camshaft sensor which I’ve now replaced, still no better. Replaced the ignition coil as well which they recommended and still nothing. I’ve got a replacement ignition switch from my local VW parts supplier but have no clue how to fit it.
It’s now got a permanent engine light which I can’t clear with code “unknown c0300”. Anyone have an idea what this is?

Hello Finleye2000. Please tell me how do you change the camshaft position sensor, where is located ? I didn't find him, if you can tell me exactly the position of this sensor. Thank you.
Trevor
New
Drives: Polo playa

Re: polo playa cuts out when driving

Post by Trevor »

Hey guys i also have a problem with my polo playa the car starts but when driving it just stalls and drains the battery. It idles fine for hours when not driving but as soon as i leave the yard on the way it just cuts out completly with no dash board lights. Alternator is charging i checked and car doesnt start by key when you turn the key nothing happens but if u direct it straight to the battery it starts. What could be the problem. Please help