Driveshafts - the bane of my life.

Chat about your MKI or MKII Polo (86 and 86F)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Driveshafts - the bane of my life.

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Why is it that whatever you do to a driveshaft when the engine's in the car, it won't come out, and whatever you do to a driveshaft when the engine's out of the car, it wants to fall apart? Bloody things.

Anyway, I currently have a rather major problem with one of my driveshafts, in that the outer of the CV joint is stuck in the flange on the gearbox (sitting on a workbench..) and won't come out whatever I do to it, heat, hammers, everything. The inner of the CV joint in question is sitting in a bucket so that I don't lose the bearings, and the rest of the driveshaft is still in the car. Anyone ever had a problem like this before, and if so how the hell do you get the CV joint outer out of the gearbox? I'm about to fit a new gearbox, and it's a perfectly good CV joint which I really have no desire to spend £35 replacing.. especially as my bank balance is currently reading £32 :oops:
bstardchild

Re: Driveshafts - the bane of my life.

Post by bstardchild »

GroovyCarrot wrote:Anyone ever had a problem like this before, and if so how the hell do you get the CV joint outer out of the gearbox? I'm about to fit a new gearbox, and it's a perfectly good CV joint which I really have no desire to spend £35 replacing.. especially as my bank balance is currently reading £32 :oops:
Ask for discount :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: