2019 Polo SE Boot Latch failure

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
JakeSweeney
New
Drives: 2019 SE 95ps

2019 Polo SE Boot Latch failure

Post by JakeSweeney »

Hi,

I have bought my brand new Polo today and am stuck with the boot and wanted to post in here before I return the the dealership in case I end up looking like an idiot.

When driving the car, the dashboard says that the boot is open when it is not and when you do try to open the boot it wont open with the button on the key or the manual flip. The only way that I am able to open the boot is by taking down my back seats opening up a panel and manually flicking a part of the lock mechanic to the left.

When I get it open I have then closed it slam shut to make sure that it is 100% closed and it still shows up on my dash as open and wont open unless I go through the back seats again.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
JakeSweeney
New
Drives: 2019 SE 95ps

Re: 2019 Polo SE Boot Latch failure

Post by JakeSweeney »

Update:

When I have manually opened the boot door and shut I can then reopen with the key function no problem however with the manual switch it keeps catching on the latch and doesn't open.

Either way when I close the boot it is still appearing as open on my dashboard which is very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2019 Polo SE Boot Latch failure

Post by RUM4MO »

Definitely not anything you are doing wrong - return to dealer and ask for a hire car!

The reason why you were not getting replies will be down to you creating this thread in the wrong area, it is better to stick to the correct main section for your version of Polo.