Retrofit automatic ligths

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
Plotix_Ibza6j
New
Drives: Seat Ibiza 6j

Retrofit automatic ligths

Post by Plotix_Ibza6j »

Hi all,

I'm new at this forum. I own a Seat Ibiza 6j, 1.9 TDI from 2009. I'm from Barcelona (Spain) and I hope to do my best at this forum and to contribute with my humble experience.

The car came with automatic windshield cleaning and, as far as I was able to investigate, the sensor is also valid for automatic light. However, it does not have automatic lights and I am trying to install and configure it. Below I indicate the references of the most relevant pieces:
- Sensor installed (RLS): 1k0955559AH
- Control unit: BCM PQ25 - 6R0937087B
- Light control (with auto function): 6J1941531AF

When I enter in the module with Vag-com I see that there are options to activate or deactivate the automatic lights, therefore, I suppose that the BCM supports the functionality (correct me if I am wrong). However, when I turn on the light control, I see that it is not working properly (in position 0 the fog lights on the control light up and when changing position it changes to others). At this point I am blocked, since I do not know why the malfunction is due. I thought it might be that I need to wire from the BCM to the light control, however, I'm going blindly. Has anyone encountered anything similar?

Thanks and best regards!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Retrofit automatic ligths

Post by iichel »

For automatic lights in your car you will need:
Bcm max + adaptation of the wiring
Light switch with auto function + wiring (you have it)
Rain and light sensor (you have it)

So the bcm must be upgraded to make it work.
Plotix_Ibza6j
New

Post by Plotix_Ibza6j »

Hi iichel,
Manu thanks for you reply.

Just one doubt, when you talk about BCM max, which model o reference would be? I'm not very expert on this way and I'm a bit lost.

Thanks again! :-)
Plotix_Ibza6j
New

Post by Plotix_Ibza6j »

Hi!
Could anyone help me with the BCM number and the wiring adaptation? I've read a post from @ciclo where he talks about this issue, but it refers to a Polo 6R and I'm not sure is it the same.

Thanks in advance!