Non functional MFD after 80kmph because of Govt. regulations. How to remove it?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
adityagttsi
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT 1.2 TSI

Non functional MFD after 80kmph because of Govt. regulations. How to remove it?

Post by adityagttsi »

Hi Guys, would need your help in this. I am from India and as there is a new rule over here the car beeps once after 80kmph and keeps on beeping after 120kmph. At the same time my MFD is non functional. It Just shows a warning of 80kmph no matter at what speed i am. Need your help in removing this via coding if possible so that can use the MFD or show the digital speed after the speed of 80kmph

Thanks in advance. :D
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: Non functional MFD after 80kmph because of Govt. regulations. How to remove it?

Post by benzinkopf »

really? i think the speedlimit can be set by yourself using the same MFD menu. [emoji848]
adityagttsi
Getting There!

Re: Non functional MFD after 80kmph because of Govt. regulations. How to remove it?

Post by adityagttsi »

benzinkopf wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 pm really? i think the speedlimit can be set by yourself using the same MFD menu. [emoji848]
No. Its stuck on that warning. I cant adjust it nor i can see other MFD values like mileage, temp, distance to empty..etc
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

yes. when you reach the speed, it will stuck there until its lower than that. then u should be able to turn off the speed limit or set it higher. no?

i’m a bit confuse since you said it is gov regulation. so they might make it permanent like that by coding.
adityagttsi
Getting There!

Post by adityagttsi »

anyway to remove the coding ?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Read it in the owner's manual

As far as I know you can set to - - - Km-mi/h (+/- or up/down, stalk or Mfsw buttons)
adityagttsi
Getting There!

Post by adityagttsi »

ciclo wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:52 pm Read it in the owner's manual

As far as I know you can set to - - - Km-mi/h (+/- or up/down, stalk or Mfsw buttons)
Sir you seem to get it wrong its like permanent. There is nothing in the manual about the warning. Its like permanent. After 80kmph it will beep once and after 120kmph it will beep continuously.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

AFAIK ...
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Hello adityagttsi,

Can you post the vcds autoscan of address 17 (Instruments)

Thanks.
adityagttsi
Getting There!

Post by adityagttsi »

So basically all the Volkswagen cars purchased after mid 2019 in India will be facing this problem of having a beep at 80kmph and constant beeping above 120kmph with the MFD getting locked(You cant use the steering wheel buttons to see the different parameters on the MFD like Fuel econonmy, speed, temperature., etc)

Finally found a way around for the above problem

In the 17 Instruments console select long coding. In byte 0 bit 3-4 you will find it blank with the stock long coding B10A000000

Change the byte 3-4 to Rest of the world from the drop down menu or use this long coding 110A000000

After this in adaptions you will have to change the value for Fuel Economy from litres/per 100km to kilometres/litre

Works like a charm, hope this helps guys in India
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

8)
kartikhere_2498
New
Drives: 2011 VW vento (polo sedan) 1.6mpi MT

Post by kartikhere_2498 »

Did anyone try this in Indian spec cars?
adityagttsi
Getting There!

Post by adityagttsi »

Yeah I tried it on my polo. It's a 2019 model. You can disable the speed chime that is set for 80 and 120kmph

Try the coding or just select the rest of world option in long coding of ic.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

could you please post something like a vcds autoscan of the vehicle in question?
Sid_polo
New
Drives: Polo 6c 1.0L mt comfortline

Post by Sid_polo »

Sorry for posting this so late as i am new member but what i discovered is that in india due to govt norms it is done and if you just change the region of cluster to japan everything is sorted