BCM upgrade problem

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
seeya_ibiza6j
New
Drives: Ibiza 6J 2012

BCM upgrade problem

Post by seeya_ibiza6j »

Hello!
At the beginning I'm sorry for my english :)
I upgrade my bcm module from 6R0937087K to 7H0937089D and i need help with adding new wires. After upgrade i have problem with interior lights (currently not working), i don't know where and how to connect new wires so that the interior lights work properly. I also want to do cornering lights because now i get a vcds error and lights aren't working. Please help me how to add new wires, because I'm green in this topic :(
Thank you in advance for your help :D
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: BCM upgrade problem

Post by iichel »

It's a bit more complicated than a straight swap, I'm afraid.
For an upgrade to BCM 089 you'll need to do an adaptation in your wiring, here we call it the BCM Max upgrade.
It will involve a series of wiring modifications:
- Fuse box from and to BCM
- Light switch to and from BCM
- Replacing a relay
- Adding wires for reverse light and number plate lights
- In some cases a new pair of CAN wires to the instrument cluster

Have a look here: viewtopic.php?t=69223
seeya_ibiza6j
New
Drives: Ibiza 6J 2012

Re: BCM upgrade problem

Post by seeya_ibiza6j »

Thanks for the answer!
I searched the forums a bit and found some information. I found this answer on one of the 6R polo forums - "I have solved the problem after replacing the BCM 6R0 937 086 M on 7H0 937 089 D with adding the pins in BCM - nr T73A/63 (black socket) and T73B/68 (white socket) and connected to + 12 V via fuse box according to the wiring diagram i found on the forum Bi-Xenonscheinwerfer nachrüsten . You don't have to change wirers for interior and footwell lights at all." Could you help me understand this answer, I don't know how to find T73A/63 and T73B/68 and how to connect to +12V.