GTI engine information

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: GTI engine information

Post by SRGTD »

flyingdonkey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 am Would the best idea to figure out what motor is the car to head to VW and ask them?
If it’s important for you to know then, probably yes. The workshop techs at your dealership ought to know - they should know the engine variant of the cars they work on. I’d be less confident the sales staff at your dealership or VW Customer Services would know. Alternatively, you could contact VW Australia for an official response.

Edit; just realised that your car’s engine code should be one of the items on your car’s data sticker; of you do an internet search on the engine code, you should be able to determine whether it’s a Gen 3b or EVO4 unit. With my pre-facelift Polo GTI+, there’s one copy of the data sticker in the front of my owner’s manual and another attached to the boot floor. If you can’t find the data sticker in your car, you could ask your dealer to print out a copy of the car data for your car (I’m assuming one of the items listed will be the engine code for the engine in your car).
Last edited by SRGTD on Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polo 26
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Polo 26 »

The 2-litre is equipped with a double injection system, direct and indirect, a control unit with four central processors and electronic valve lift switching on the intake side.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:54 am
flyingdonkey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:31 am Would the best idea to figure out what motor is the car to head to VW and ask them?
If it’s important to you to know then, probably yes. The workshop techs at your dealership ought to know - they should know the engine variant of the cars they work on. I’d be less confident the sales staff at your dealership or VW Customer Services would know. Alternatively, you could contact VW Australia for an official response.
Another factor could be due to heat since we get quite a bit of warm weather here in the south during those long hot summers.
flyingdonkey
New
Drives: Polo GTI AE 22

Post by flyingdonkey »

Sorry for the late response was overseas but i check and these cars have 3b well your car woukd say czpc i presume considering when you google it. It comes up with the pre lci.