drivers window problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Moble
New
Drives: 6r

drivers window problems

Post by Moble »

Hey all, just a query!

Drivers window has failed on other halfs polo, went to scan with VCDS and realized I've left it in my golf which she's using so can't scan until later when she's back with my car.

The window itself is stuck at the very bottom, and raises roughly about 3 inches making grinding sounds before coming to a stop

Took the door card etc off to try and see if cables have snapped but can't see any snapped, i did feel a frayed cable i believe but can't see as it's out of access

i took the motor off to try and manually move the window up however it still binds up, which in my head makes me think the cables jammed?

I put power to the motor with nothing attached and it runs fine in both directions

if it is the regulator assembly, is there anyway i can raise the window up to a certain point to access the window clamp bolts? as it's stuck in this position even with trying to force the glass past, so much so it starts to lift the car where it won't budge

I've scratched my head outside before admitting defeat as the darkness came in, and for now have just bagged the window up in-case of rain

Many thanks

Matt
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: drivers window problems

Post by iichel »

Window mechanism failure is quite common in a Polo 6R.
Moble
New
Drives: 6r

Post by Moble »

yeah from having a read i can see that, scanning with vcds shows nothing, so i believe it's the cables,

just have no idea how im going to get the glass out now, unless i cut the cables i can see perhaps..
N4th4n007
New
Drives: Match 1.2

Post by N4th4n007 »

Hey out of interest how did you get the glass to move? I think I'll have the same issue, I cant move the glass to get it to the position to get to the glass clamps.