Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by LEEA123 »

Hi all.
Am new here, and waiting for my gti, coming next month. At the moment i am in a golf eight on pcp, but they offered me a good deal i think on a car that is already on its way been told its on the boat , but was a cancelled order and was told if i took the spec it was i would not pay for the extras.

So its coming in the metallic grey colour , with the sunroof and the 18 inch wheels , it has something else as well ,\but i cant remember , only signed up to it yesterday :), getting an update Tuesday so will find ask for a detailed spec list
AnnieGTI
New
Drives: GTI 2022

Post by AnnieGTI »

Hi all,

I collected a new one on Wednesday and am loving it so far. I haven't had such a small car for years but enjoying it, so far, so good.
I sold my S4 about 3 weeks ago and had looked at the skoda octavia vrs models but couldn't find one with a sunroof at a decent price so started looking at the new polo gti. I've been looking at this forum for quite a while. I had a B reg golf 1.3 in the late eighties and I loved that.

I went through carwow so saved a little. Drivethedeal have one on the way for a little less but he couldn't give me a date when I would actually get it so went with a stock one. It had a couple more extras than the one I bought but after 3 weeks without a car, I wanted something as soon as I could get one.

I really wanted a sunroof. It's white with sunroof, faro alloys, camera and heated seats.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi @ AnnieGTI

Sounds like a good spec, think the others on here will agree. I've had mine a few weeks and put a few photos up in the Photo Gallery. I went a little more standard :)

There does seem to be quite a few Polo GTIs coming through from the factory now. I'm enjoying being back in a smaller car again and it does make a difference. Previously car turning circle wasn't great and the Polo just turns so much easier.

Nice and nippy too, although still running it in. Enjoy your new car and don't forget to post some pictures so we can admire it.

@ LEEA123 Congratulations and look forward to seeing some photos. Also sounds like a good spec and bet you can't wait for its arrival.

Best wishes both

Andy
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I was told about 9 days ago that my car had landed in the UK. Was going to be told when it hit the PDI centre. No news yet. Such a protracted process again. Digging out an old phone and in the days when you got a regular text update with status, it took 7 days to arrive at the dealership.
Next time I'm definitely going to buy something I see on the forecourt. VW or not. Bored with the process.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Had the call!
Car should arrive next week ..!🚙🚙🚙🏁
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Good luck with those getting their cars soon. I completely love mine and not seen another new one in the road yet. Saw a gti+ that let me out on the motorway last night (thanks if you’re on here!) but none of the face lifted gti.
AnnieGTI
New
Drives: GTI 2022

Post by AnnieGTI »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:16 pm Good luck with those getting their cars soon. I completely love mine and not seen another new one in the road yet. Saw a gti+ that let me out on the motorway last night (thanks if you’re on here!) but none of the face lifted gti.
I haven't seen another new one either.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

I have seen another one and driven one.
Good job really, as mine 10 days on or so is still stuck at the UK port. What a crock of ****.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Hi
Does any one know if the GTI has voice control?
Thanks
jaz
New
Drives: VW Polo GTI

Post by jaz »

It's an in car purchase !

Though the latest version of Android Auto works if you hold down the button, rather than just press, on the steering wheel which is a nice freebie
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

jaz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:55 pm It's an in car purchase !

Though the latest version of Android Auto works if you hold down the button, rather than just press, on the steering wheel which is a nice freebie
£249 ... absolute rip off just to get a code to unlock this function!

Save some money (as you say) and use Android Auto.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

My dealer telling me that they aren't impressed my car is still stuck at the port. If its not here soon they'll go and get it apparently. They've booked me in for the new car on Friday afternoon this week.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Picking new car up Friday!
The wait appears to be coming to an end!!
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Finally got my car. Happily it's now sat on the drive.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Picked her up today…
One word to describe… MAGNIFICENT