Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by AndyGTi »

MikeDO wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:31 pm Just had an Email from the dealer saying that my car has arrived in the UK.
Pretty sure it came in last Saturday morning.
So not long now.
Nice to have some +ve news at the moment smile
Brilliant news, glad your car has arrived. Looks like this forum thread will be pretty quiet for next week as we will all be out driving our cars :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:53 pm
MikeDO wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:31 pm Just had an Email from the dealer saying that my car has arrived in the UK.
So not long now.
Brilliant news, glad your car has arrived. Looks like this forum thread will be pretty quiet for next week as we will all be out driving our cars :D
I think there’s something a bit special about being the first owner of a new car. I’ve been driving for 45 years and I still never get tired of that brand new interior smell; it’s just a shame it doesn’t last longer 🙂.

Hopefully you and the other new owners will stay around on the forum to share your experiences. There were quite a few forum members who took delivery of their GTI’s a couple of years ago, but after they took delivery of their cars, not too many of them remained active on the forum. It’s always good to have new members with a fresh perspective on Polo and GTI ownership.

Enjoy those first drives! 👍.
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

Mine has arrived ......I mean the wife's....at the dealer. Should pick up next week with any luck.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

So not long now.
You got yours yet Andy?
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:54 am
So not long now.
You got yours yet Andy?
Not yet. Big day is tomorrow, so still another 24hrs to go
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’m jealous even though it’s less than a week to mine. Currently debating letting them clean it for me or if I want to collect it dirty and do it myself.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:36 am I’m jealous even though it’s less than a week to mine. Currently debating letting them clean it for me or if I want to collect it dirty and do it myself.

VW Nuneaton are insisting that my daughters car is cleaned/polished by them as this form part of their quality check. Never, ever heard of this before. All my cars have been professionally detailed after collection and the dealers are happy just to carry out the PDI without doing any cleaning/polishing. Detailers prefer to get the car untouched to work on as the risk of paint defects is greatly reduced. My daughters car will be professionally valeted and the paint protected with ceramic coatings. Has anyone experienced similar when collecting a new car?
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

sirwolfie wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:20 pm [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=592771 time=<a href="tel:1662028603">1662028603</a> user_id=15903]
I’m jealous even though it’s less than a week to mine. Currently debating letting them clean it for me or if I want to collect it dirty and do it myself.

VW Nuneaton are insisting that my daughters car is cleaned/polished by them as this form part of their quality check. Never, ever heard of this before. All my cars have been professionally detailed after collection and the dealers are happy just to carry out the PDI without doing any cleaning/polishing. Detailers prefer to get the car untouched to work on as the risk of paint defects is greatly reduced. My daughters car will be professionally valeted and the paint protected with ceramic coatings. Has anyone experienced similar when collecting a new car?
[/quote]

I normally let them clean the car, but for both previous gtis and my gtd I’ve collected the car dirty then given it the full works. Never heard a dealership that won’t let you collect it dirty as it saves them time. I’m possibly collecting mine with the white wraps still on the bonnet and roof 🤣.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Reading Forums you tend to pick up on certain similar treads/actions.

One of these common threads is always, never let the dealer clean you car. Nuneaton are Listers and I am surprised they are making an issue. I think many dealerships selling "performance" orientated cars are used to owners taking their car with wrapping and uncleaned.

My last car was not cleaned and the covers left on. I took them off at the dealership, checked paintwork and it was all fine and off I drove (ok I know there will be those that suggest this was a bad idea but I wanted to clean my car myself and was willing to take the risk of driving home unprotected)

So planning to do the same with car tomorrow and they are used to the "don't clean car request"

As to why Nuneaton are saying it has to be cleaned, I would push back and say it my car (or going to be) and I don't want it washed. You might need to walk around double check it with them. Maybe they have had an issue(s) with people taking uncleaned (and still wrapped) Cars and then owners coming back and saying paintwork was damaged. Then you get into a fight with dealer not believing you and thinking you did it yourself.

Maybe Nuneaton are trying to get you to pay for the paintwork treatment? I would push back as you are getting it valeted and detailed with someone else
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Good to hear Andy. I’m intending to leave the wraps on mine then drive it to work the next day and stick it in the garage so I can get it fully detailed myself. Probably get some looks on the motorway but hey ho.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:41 pm I normally let them clean the car, but for both previous gtis and my gtd I’ve collected the car dirty then given it the full works. Never heard a dealership that won’t let you collect it dirty as it saves them time. I’m possibly collecting mine with the white wraps still on the bonnet and roof 🤣.
I’d get the dealer to remove the white wraps in case there’s any paintwork or panel damage under the wraps. If there is, then it’s much easier to get the dealer to agree it was there before the car leaves their premises and they sort out repairs at no cost to you, rather than them saying the damage was caused after you’d taken the car away.
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

6123B424-3515-4E90-9686-DCACA6766DE1.jpeg
6123B424-3515-4E90-9686-DCACA6766DE1.jpeg (5.2 MiB) Viewed 703 times
6123B424-3515-4E90-9686-DCACA6766DE1.jpeg
6123B424-3515-4E90-9686-DCACA6766DE1.jpeg (5.2 MiB) Viewed 703 times
It’s now got the wraps off etc. first impression having driven it round all day - love it. What a great car!
Good luck to everyone getting theirs soon
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Looks great in Reef Blue 👍
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

For me was either Kings red or Reef blue..
Found it hard to decide… eventually took the blue !
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Congratulations to everyone getting their car this week!
I'm looking forward to having rear dynamic indicators which my current GTI lacks. I'm easily pleased. 🙂