Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by lancslad1985 »

Fair enough, was just curious as I’ve never had a private plate.
JMiddo94
New
Drives: 2019 GTI

Post by JMiddo94 »

Just ordered mine from stock

Will be my 4th Polo GTI (2 x 6C, 1AW), got frustrated with my AW as it was one of the first to be delivered in the country and was povo spec so ended up swapping it for a T CROSS R line which standard had a boat load more features, in 2021, regretted it ever since so made the call on Sunday and managed to secure a facelifted GTI for a discounted price.

Deep black pearl (5th VW in this colour :roll: I wish dealers would stop ordering all their stock in this colour but don't fancy waiting a year for factory build) with Faro Alloys, Park Assist and Heated seats.

Pick it up on a 23 plate next Friday and cannot wait.
Attachments
IMG_0475_.jpg
IMG_0475_.jpg (609.35 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
Sbal
New
Drives: '23 GTI

Post by Sbal »

8) Nice
JMiddo94
New
Drives: 2019 GTI

Post by JMiddo94 »

Picked her up this morning

Chuffed to bits, forgot how quick this car is and seems much more responsive than my previous GTI with a 6 speed box. Not sure if the exhaust system has been tweaked but much more raspy than the pre-facelift I had, maybe just I don't remember?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230302-225057~2.png
Screenshot_20230302-225057~2.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 3683 times
PXL_20230303_162007924.jpg
PXL_20230303_162007924.jpg (3.64 MiB) Viewed 3683 times
Sbal
New
Drives: '23 GTI

Post by Sbal »

Nice!
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Anyone noticed a buzzing noise coming from passenger speaker on beats audio when accelerating hard?
Any cure?

Thanks
es_paradis
New
Drives: 2023 GTI Pure White

Post by es_paradis »

Philip GTI wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:08 am Anyone noticed a buzzing noise coming from passenger speaker on beats audio when accelerating hard?
Any cure?

Thanks
Normal - the so-called sound actuator that mimics engine noise and vibration and causes a nasty dashboard rattle. Use individual mode to get rid of it - basically, put every setting (suspension, steering, drivetrain) to sport, except for the engine sound which should be set to "Eco". This kills the actuator.
I'll ask the dealer to get rid of it on my first service.

Question for others: Are your buttons on the headliner (for reading lights) illuminated? Mine are not, just the ones for SOS call. Wondering if that is a fault or just how its supposed to be.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

es_paradis wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:07 pm
Philip GTI wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:08 am Anyone noticed a buzzing noise coming from passenger speaker on beats audio when accelerating hard?
Any cure?

Thanks
Normal - the so-called sound actuator that mimics engine noise and vibration and causes a nasty dashboard rattle. Use individual mode to get rid of it - basically, put every setting (suspension, steering, drivetrain) to sport, except for the engine sound which should be set to "Eco". This kills the actuator.
I'll ask the dealer to get rid of it on my first service.

Question for others: Are your buttons on the headliner (for reading lights) illuminated? Mine are not, just the ones for SOS call. Wondering if that is a fault or just how its supposed to be.
I was assuming that @Philip GTI meant the buzzing noise was coming from the door mounted audio speaker when they referred to the passenger (side) speaker. I agree though that the soundaktor is a common source of unwanted vibration if it’s set to ‘Sport’ (I have mine set to ‘Eco’ too).

@Philip GTI - if you’ve not already done so, ensure your engine sound is set to Eco to see if the vibration stops. If so, then it’s an easy fix. If that doesn’t work, then I’d suggest getting a passenger to apply some pressure to the speaker grille in the lower section of the passenger door card to see if the vibration stops; if it does, then either;
  • get your dealer to attempt a repair to stop the vibration - bear in mind some dealers aren’t too careful removing pieces of trim, so there may be a risk of them causing damage (or additional unwanted noises)
Or
  • if you feel confident enough to remove the door card yourself, you could apply some soundproofing / sound deadening tape at strategic points between the reverse side of the door card and the metal door panel (especially near to the speaker) in the hope that the tape would stop the vibration. There is a YouTube video on how to remove the rear door card on a current model Polo; link below - the process for the front door card should be the same. You’ll need a set of trim removal tools to prevent damage to the door card, and be aware that some of the clips / fastenings may break, so be prepared to buy some replacements.
Link to YouTube video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOF2IGzv6W4
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

es_paradis wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:07 pm Question for others: Are your buttons on the headliner (for reading lights) illuminated? Mine are not, just the ones for SOS call. Wondering if that is a fault or just how its supposed to be.
They’re not illuminated in my 2020 pre-facelift GTI+, nor were they in my previous generation 2016 Polo GTI either.

I’d therefore assume yours not being illuminated is how it is in the facelift BZ Polo GTI too.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Thanks for the replies
Actually the buzzing or interference sound is coming from the speaker on the pillar (the speaker with the b on it)
Blix
New
Drives: 2022 GTI

Post by Blix »

Hi all,
New forum user and first post, got the 2022 GTI last July but just seen the forum.
It's a bit of a first all round for me, first VW therefore first Polo but also first Auto.
Had lots of cars but the last 2 were both Fiesta STs, probably not a popular view but the Fiesta always put a smile on my face in the twisties, the build quality wasn't great though and at two year old, the last one was creaking and buzzing quite a bit in the cockpit.
The Polo is a very different car but a much better daily driver, solid build quality and has the grunt to propel you along at fairly ridiculous speeds, biggest gripe is that it has too many doors!
The auto took a bit of getting used to and in my opinion the ECO mode seems to handle gear changes better when in traffic, tend not to use the paddles much but Sport mode livens up the car and the response.
It worryingly doesn't feel fast though so if you don't keep an eye on the dash you are effortlessly doing 90 when you think you are doing 60!!
No doubt I'll be asking more questions in time.
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

Blix wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:35 pm Hi all,
New forum user and first post, got the 2022 GTI last July but just seen the forum.
It's a bit of a first all round for me, first VW therefore first Polo but also first Auto.
Had lots of cars but the last 2 were both Fiesta STs, probably not a popular view but the Fiesta always put a smile on my face in the twisties, the build quality wasn't great though and at two year old, the last one was creaking and buzzing quite a bit in the cockpit.
The Polo is a very different car but a much better daily driver, solid build quality and has the grunt to propel you along at fairly ridiculous speeds, biggest gripe is that it has too many doors!
The auto took a bit of getting used to and in my opinion the ECO mode seems to handle gear changes better when in traffic, tend not to use the paddles much but Sport mode livens up the car and the response.
It worryingly doesn't feel fast though so if you don't keep an eye on the dash you are effortlessly doing 90 when you think you are doing 60!!
No doubt I'll be asking more questions in time.
Welcome Blix and look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Many safe miles ahead.

Here in SA there is stiff comeptition between the Fiesta ST and Polo GTI. With no new ST's coming in the future it leaves the GTI (for now) with little to no comepition. Sadly we also don't get the i20N from Hyundai but would still love to drive it to compare.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Re the travel assist unavailable warning , new steering wheel is on order. That problem seems to have gone and now the car keeps unpairing with my phone. Annoying if you are on a call or it slightly interrupts my Spotify music. VW say that they didn't do any software updates when it was with them so is it my android phone suddenly with a problem, or has the car developed a new tech issue.
Steering wheel in at the end of the month I'm told. Process of elimination I guess.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

I received an email yesterday from the salesperson I dealt with when I bought my current GTI+, inviting me to book an appointment to ‘assess my options’. VW currently have a Spring Sales Event, so I dare say the salesperson was attempting to entice me into ordering a new Polo GTI as I’ve had my car for 32 months, so they were probably thinking I may be considering buying a new one.

I politely declined the offer - I rather keep my old tech, non-connected pre-facelift GTI+ with proper physical knobs, buttons and switches and none of the software gremlins that the facelift cars seem to have 🤔.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:36 am I received an email yesterday from the salesperson I dealt with when I bought my current GTI+, inviting me to book an appointment to ‘assess my options’. VW currently have a Spring Sales Event, so I dare say the salesperson was attempting to entice me into ordering a new Polo GTI as I’ve had my car for 32 months, so they were probably thinking I may be considering buying a new one.

I politely declined the offer - I rather keep my old tech, non-connected pre-facelift GTI+ with proper physical knobs, buttons and switches and none of the software gremlins that the facelift cars seem to have 🤔.
Had an email about this the other day. I couldn't believe when I saw the base price for a Polo GTI... £29k!

My PCP is over at the end of this month, I'll be sticking with my 19 plate for at least another 2-4 years. 8)