Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by somersetboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:44 pm Had the call from the dealer, my car arrives tomorrow and they will immediately PDI it, hoover the inside and check the car connects to their servers. If so, I pick it up Tuesday evening and give it the full works Thursday.
Very nice! Had an email from dealer this morning to say its arrived in UK. So will await further news as to when collection will be - assume over next couple weeks?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

somersetboy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:01 pm
Very nice! Had an email from dealer this morning to say its arrived in UK. So will await further news as to when collection will be - assume over next couple weeks?
Should be, think it’s 1.5-2 weeks since mine arrived at port.
nicster
New

Post by nicster »

Question re: the facelift version - am I going to need to get a Faraday pouch for my keys?

I test drove a facelift version at the weekend and know I didn't have to put the key in the ignition to start the car. But I don't know if the car also unlocked as I approached or if it was already open.

I'm not familiar with the keyless option or using the stop start button (neither of my current cars have it) so I'm not sure what risks I have to protect myself against!
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Facelift doesn’t come with keyless as standard, so unless it’s specified in your car you won’t need it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@nicster; if your car does have keyless, there’s a simple process to disable it when locking the car - at least there is with the pre-facelift model, so I’m assuming the same process would work with the facelift car.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well I can now bow out of this thread as I picked mine up last night. All works fine and looks good, will post some pics once it’s had the works tomorrow. The only complaint now is the dealership put it in the wrong service interval and I forgot to check before I left. Easily remedied next year.

Hope some of you have now got your cars.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 am Well I can now bow out of this thread as I picked mine up last night. All works fine and looks good, will post some pics once it’s had the works tomorrow. The only complaint now is the dealership put it in the wrong service interval and I forgot to check before I left. Easily remedied next year.

Nice one!

Have contacted my dealer this morning as heard nothing since its arrival to the UK on Sunday. Really hoping to collect by end of next week by the latest!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

somersetboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am
lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 am Well I can now bow out of this thread as I picked mine up last night. All works fine and looks good, will post some pics once it’s had the works tomorrow. The only complaint now is the dealership put it in the wrong service interval and I forgot to check before I left. Easily remedied next year.

Nice one!

Have contacted my dealer this morning as heard nothing since its arrival to the UK on Sunday. Really hoping to collect by end of next week by the latest!
Car is arriving at dealership tomorrow. Dealer said that its very busy there at the moment due to end of month- so he will try and arrange a handover date/time this afternoon.

However, still got to sign a few documents (finance/DVLA, etc) so not sure what sort of timescale it will be for collection due to this. Sure I will find out soon
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

They CAN turn it round quick as mine arrived late Monday night and they did the PDI and everything first thing yesterday. If it arrives tomorrow you should be able to get it Friday.

On another note I saw what the new valeter had done to a £50k Tiguan R yesterday in black. Swirled every panel. That’s the reason why I collect mine and peel the wraps off myself and inspect it before driving. Won’t let them clean my car.
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

Just had my call from the dealer to advise the car has arrived so looking at a Mon. or Tues next week for collection as they need to order in a few dealer fit accessories I asked for first.
So not long now… :D
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

signed my final documents by email this morning . 2pm tomorrow handover :)
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

I requested them not to touch my car and my dealer said that it was the first request in 40 years! Still think they are going to peel the wraps off etc - thats included in the PDI.

But I am getting mine professionally detailed/ceramic coated straight from dealership.

Hoping to get mine ASAP as currently carless! Will mention that to my dealer when he rings sometime soon.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

somersetboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:17 pm I requested them not to touch my car and my dealer said that it was the first request in 40 years! Still think they are going to peel the wraps off etc - thats included in the PDI.

But I am getting mine professionally detailed/ceramic coated straight from dealership.

Hoping to get mine ASAP as currently carless! Will mention that to my dealer when he rings sometime soon.
Would it not be better to wait a couple of weeks before getting it detailed and ceramic coated? If your car turned out to be a ‘Friday afternoon car’ or a lemon like @lancslad1985’s GTI and you chose to reject it, then you won’t get the benefit of the ceramic coating (the next owner will though), and the fairly sizeable amount of money spent with your detailer will have been money lost.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm
somersetboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:17 pm I requested them not to touch my car and my dealer said that it was the first request in 40 years! Still think they are going to peel the wraps off etc - thats included in the PDI.

Would it not be better to wait a couple of weeks before getting it detailed and ceramic coated? If your car turned out to be a ‘Friday afternoon car’ or a lemon like @lancslad1985’s GTI and you chose to reject it, then you won’t get the benefit of the ceramic coating (the next owner will though), and the fairly sizeable amount of money spent with your detailer will have been money lost.
I am hoping the car would be faultless and that issues occurring are highly unlikely. Connection/software issues, I would hope, could be picked up at the dealership before taking it away.

I suppose its the risk to take but happy to still get it detailed/ceramic coated straight away.
sirwolfie
New
Drives: A45

Post by sirwolfie »

I hope your car is perfect but if my previous VW cars are anything to go by you will have a number of interior rattles to contend with. Defiantly takes the edge off the new car experience.