Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by ad_182_uk »

steeve wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:47 pm I've looked and the GTi's look to be fairly light on options. I'll wait for ours...........
Yeah all the ‘available now’ GTI’s might have heated seats and a spare wheel that’s about it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

ad_182_uk wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:53 am
steeve wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:47 pm I've looked and the GTi's look to be fairly light on options. I'll wait for ours...........
Yeah all the ‘available now’ GTI’s might have heated seats and a spare wheel that’s about it.
There are some on Auto Trader that also have 18” alloys. There’s a Kings Red one with 18” alloys, heated seats, reversing camera, black roof/mirrors and grey dash inserts I’d be happy to take to avoid the wait - the price is a bit steep though at almost £30k, considering I paid just over £20k for my GTI+ (brand new) just over 18 months ago 😯.

The GTI is pretty well spec’d as standard IMHO - if I was buying one, there’s not much I’d want to add; I’d definitely prefer the grey dash inserts though (the very bright red inserts would be a bit too much for me).
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:08 am
There are some on Auto Trader that also have 18” alloys. There’s a Kings Red one with 18” alloys, heated seats, reversing camera, black roof/mirrors and grey dash inserts I’d be happy to take to avoid the wait - the price is a bit steep though at almost £30k, considering I paid just over £20k for my GTI+ (brand new) just over 18 months ago 😯.

The GTI is pretty well spec’d as standard IMHO - if I was buying one, there’s not much I’d want to add; I’d definitely prefer the grey dash inserts though (the very bright red inserts would be a bit too much for me).
Ahh yes the red inserts are at least a nicer colour than prefacelift. That does sound quite well specced, i think extras missing are inductive charging, keyless and BLIS?

Do you have a link? I think the deals through brokers and waiting for a new build will still be certainly cheaper though.

Also off topic… the rear badge placement on VW’s nowadays… i haven’t seen one where it’s the same! The GTI looks wrong / not quite aligned right on every Golf Gti mk8 I have seen!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

ad_182_uk wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:13 pm
SRGTD wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:08 am

Ahh yes the red inserts are at least a nicer colour than prefacelift. That does sound quite well specced, i think extras missing are inductive charging, keyless and BLIS?

Do you have a link? I think the deals through brokers and waiting for a new build will still be certainly cheaper though.

Also off topic… the rear badge placement on VW’s nowadays… i haven’t seen one where it’s the same! The GTI looks wrong / not quite aligned right on every Golf Gti mk8 I have seen!
Link below;
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search ... ars&page=1

I could easily live without inductive charging, keyless or BLIS. Keyless is standard on my GTI+ but if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t have paid extra for it - I disable it for security reasons and use the key fob to lock and unlock the car.

As for the GTI badge placement on the rear of the car - I prefer the pre-facelift positioning of the badge in the lower left side of the tailgate.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Definitely right about badge placement. Doesn't look good. Trying to be different for different's sake.
es_paradis
New
Drives: 2023 GTI Pure White

Post by es_paradis »

Bearmode wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:45 pm I placed an order at the end of March, just got an updated delivery date of mid-late July
What does your specification look like?

I opted for:
- Keyless entry / start
- beats audio
- Sport Select suspension
- Climate control
- Kings red dash insert (the car is in Pure white)

Put a downpayment and ordered the car on Feb 18th, called the dealer last week, still no info about when it's coming...
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

es_paradis wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 am
Bearmode wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:45 pm I placed an order at the end of March, just got an updated delivery date of mid-late July
What does your specification look like?

I opted for:
- Keyless entry / start
- beats audio
- Sport Select suspension
- Climate control
- Kings red dash insert (the car is in Pure white)

Put a downpayment and ordered the car on Feb 18th, called the dealer last week, still no info about when it's coming...
I went pretty basic, just the 18" wheels and the reversing camera. Also got the kings red dash with the car in white.

Didn't particularly care about a lot of the options, and probably helped my delivery date a fair bit.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Popped down to dealer to pick up some Polo accessories (getting organised early) and saw a white 22 facelift Polo GTI outside.(I have got pictures but always find uploading them a nightmare here)

Looked good, but a couple of points which I think might have been mentioned earlier in thread.

Really not sure about the central positioning of GTI. Just looking funny due to shape of letters against the VW badge (I know it is measured correctly but the eyes just don't take shape and positioning well.

Tyres - I noticed this was on Michelin Primacy 3 tyres. bit of a change from Bridgstone rubbish.

Good to see they are coming through from South Africa.

PS Has anyone been watching Youtube recently as a South African Guy seems to have had issues with his infotainment screen.
Attachments
GTI Wheel.jpg
GTI Wheel.jpg (148.1 KiB) Viewed 871 times
GTI Rear.jpg
GTI Rear.jpg (128.74 KiB) Viewed 871 times
GTI Front.JPG
GTI Front.JPG (174.59 KiB) Viewed 871 times
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Excellent, it worked, all photos above.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:41 pm Popped down to dealer to pick up some Polo accessories (getting organised early) and saw a white 22 facelift Polo GTI outside.(I have got pictures but always find uploading them a nightmare here)

Looked good, but a couple of points which I think might have been mentioned earlier in thread.

Really not sure about the central positioning of GTI. Just looking funny due to shape of letters against the VW badge (I know it is measured correctly but the eyes just don't take shape and positioning well.

Tyres - I noticed this was on Michelin Primacy 3 tyres. bit of a change from Bridgstone rubbish.

PS Has anyone been watching Youtube recently as a South African Guy seems to have had issues with his infotainment screen.
The pre-facelift GTI / GTI+ with standard 17” alloys came from the factory with Michelin Primacy tyres too. It was the optional 18” alloys on the pre-facelift model that were fitted with Bridgestones. Pictures of facelift GTI’s with 18” alloys for sale on Auto Trader have Continental tyres - at least the pictures of the three cars I looked at did.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:20 pm [quote=AndyGTi post_id=590535 time=<a href="tel:1650998468">1650998468</a> user_id=4870]
Popped down to dealer to pick up some Polo accessories (getting organised early) and saw a white 22 facelift Polo GTI outside.(I have got pictures but always find uploading them a nightmare here)

The pre-facelift GTI / GTI+ with standard 17” alloys came from the factory with Michelin Primacy tyres too. It was the optional 18” alloys on the pre-facelift model that were fitted with Bridgestones. Pictures of facelift GTI’s with 18” alloys for sale on Auto Trader have Continental tyres - at least the pictures of the three cars I looked at did.
[/quote]

Thanks @SRGTD I didn’t appreciate that was the case as all the new VWs I’ve had, were fitted with Bridgestones. Have you had any experience with Primacy 3 tyres?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

That centred GTI logo and new font just doesn't look good. Still can't get used to it.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:21 pm
SRGTD wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:20 pm
Thanks @SRGTD I didn’t appreciate that was the case as all the new VWs I’ve had, were fitted with Bridgestones. Have you had any experience with Primacy 3 tyres?
No sorry, I’ve never had Primacy 3 tyres; my pre-facelift GTI+ had the optional 18” alloys so came with Bridgestone tyres. I changed my alloys a few months after getting the car as I really don’t like diamond cut alloys for the following reasons;
- poor durability of the diamond cut finish
- susceptible to white worm corrosion
- more expensive to refurbish than painted/powder coated alloys and can (usually) only be refurbished twice
- easily damaged by tyre fitters and poorly maintained tyre fitting equipment.

I took the opportunity to get a set of Michelin PS4 tyres for my new alloys which IMHO are much better than the factory fitted Bridgestones.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

S_94 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:36 pm That centred GTI logo and new font just doesn't look good. Still can't get used to it.
Agree, but maybe I’m biased.

It was interesting to see that early examples of the mk8 Golf GTI had the new style font for all the ‘GTI’ badges on the car apart from the small GTI badge on the steering wheel which used the original font. Maybe VW had a surplus of those steering wheel ‘GTI’ badges to use up. Later cars did get the new style font for the steering wheel badge.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

The GTI logo positioning reminds me of guys who may have a more base model car but have managed to get hold of a GTI badge and then they put it on in a different way, have seen it over the years.
Like to meet the person who signed it off thinking it looked good. Just naff.